Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• Finally, which one it,s the best in the digital preamps entire world: the 1.54 or the 1.6???
    THIS IS THE REAL QUESTION!!!

I love my Kemper, and I know that this is the best guitar product I have ever played in the digital domain. In fact I play guitar very long time
    ago (about 35 years now, after learning classical violin 8 years) on the different scenes in Europa.....I was one of the first users of digital preamps like Roland GP100, Line6 PODs, Roger Linn,s Adrenalinn, Roland VG, and GR series. Still I,m using the GP100 because of it,s versatility and satisfying responsivity on scene and I,m working with analog sims like Sansamps, a lot of tube preamps, like Axis Excalibur, Tube Driver and others. Still I have my Marshall Super Lead head and boxes (the very first series) and I use sometimes my Kasha Rockmod.....,

but my KPA is a very different thing............, and I like it a lot.

In fact I feel that it,s THE BEST ON THE WORLD in inventing new melodyies, improvisations, because MY KEMPERS ORGANIC SOUND inspired my creativity in an unique way!!! (OH, I,m sorry for this! It,s like on the cheap commercials, but it,s true!

BUT I must to say that the fact is that
    there is a really big difference in playing feel between version 1.52 and the new 1.6!!!!!

My first impression about the 1.6 was that it,s a lot better for me to play on it with the new rigs, but next day when I was started to play my older rigs, I have realised that it,s not the same feeling like before.

Now, after a few days of testing the DIFFERENCES IN PLAYING FEEL between version 1.52 and 1.6 I have some conclusions:

- on digital preamps I,m using always a lot of compression, because I,m playing with too much energy and dynamics.

- on tube staff I never need compression.

- my Kemper was between them (on some rigs I was need to use a little bit compression)

- now on version 1.6 I feel that I don,t need anymore this compression in the same rigs.........( First of all, because of this I like the newer version

- before the KPA I was always disturbed by the playing feel of the digital preamps. They have not giving me that tube amps picking attacks feeling like real ones....On the recordings these digital pres was sounding realistic, but to play with them in real time it was simple not so satisfying enough. (My technician friend than told me, that this is because of the latency of the converters and the DSPs.............). The truth is that the Axe FX it was without that latency feeling, but I don,t like that sterile sound of it.

- my little Kemper was the first digital preamp with a totally satisfying playing feel with an incredible tube realism.

- ....and now it,s a little bit embarassing, that with the new version, the 1.6 I feel that digital latency again.........., not as much, like on my other digital pres, but, it,s there...........

- I have made some recordings too with the two different versions, playing on the tracks with KPA, and after that playing without and reamping with the different versions..........and, sincerelly, I don,t observe big audible differences between the versions: it,s still sounds amazing on
    recordings!!!!!

It,s all about the playing feel!!!
    I,m conscient about this now.....

This is it.

Now I must to go in one of the two ways:

- to play without the need of the compression, with excellent sounding ducking effects and tube screamer, but with that digital latency feeling??????...........
    …........or to play with a little compression, excellent feeling, but without the inegalable TS and ducking effects????????

.....anyway I know that my little dilemma it would be resolved soon by some excellent upgrades and I,m trust in Mr. CK much more than most of You, people, and I know, that this is the best digital guitar preamp ever made!!!!!! .....and with all my dilemmas, I think that Mr. Kemper is the best on the digital market side and I want to thank him again his and his teams efforts to make for some crazy guitarists, like us a wonderfull instrument.

Please write here, on this discussion, if You are agree with my opinion, that Kemper Profiling Amp its the best sounding
    digital amp simulator ever made indifferent of his software version!!!!!!!!

• Wow, that was a colourful post :)
    I became "neutral" yesterday, because I had so much fun with 1.6, and do not really want to embarrass myself with switching versions any more.
    I still think it is best to do listening tests with an A/B box. I have a KPA in Hungary / Budapest, if anyone is interested.

• Used a looper, recorded some stuff with it, played it back through the KPA first with 1.6 then with 1.5.4 and recorded it. Switched between the two recordings over and over again and decided that with my ears I cannot hear even the slightest difference. So, case closed for me and back to playing and having fun with my KPA! :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Markus

• Honestly I don't think CK meant to be bullish, while probably he looked harsh. But, guys, this is one of the downsides of the web. It's hard to communicate the tone of a question or of a statement.

This

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• for those complaining about the feel etc i'll say it again, TRY THE LATENCY SWITCH! at the end of the master menu and check SENSE setting. mine was off and so apparently was armins
    To the people comtinually posting the sarcastic comments, you like it, WE GET IT. Lots of people are coming out maintaining something is slightly off, so YOU DONT GET IT
    try the switch and see if what you need comes back

• I don't understand: As far as I know the latency switch when active increases the latency, but stays at a constant level. Why would it give back the "older" feel? The KPA operates with a variable latency since a long time.

• To the people comtinually posting the sarcastic comments, you like it, WE GET IT. Lots of people are coming out maintaining something is slightly off, so YOU DONT GET IT

Are you implying that posting some sarcastic comments is forbidden but posting loads of bs is ok?

• for those complaining about the feel etc i'll say it again, TRY THE LATENCY SWITCH! at the end of the master menu and check SENSE setting. mine was off and so apparently was armins

Where is this Latency switch, I looked in the "output" button , Is that the Master menu ?

• I don't understand: As far as I know the latency switch when active increases the latency, but stays at a constant level. Why would it give back the "older" feel? The KPA operates with a variable latency since a long time.

I guess what is meant is this: If people should think they could feel a difference in latency of let's say 0.5 milliseconds, they should engage and disengage the constant / variable latency, since some of the Kemper staff wrote in the "Constant Latency Thread" that constant latency can now be achieved - however the latency will increase a bit, if set to "constant" - thus by switching between constant and variable latency you can test out whether you can feel any difference.
    One interesting side note: Watch the Anderton-Kemper-Video on youtube. There Chappers says that he probably can't hear any difference, but he can probably feel the difference between the real and the profiled amp because of the (minimally) higher latency from the profiler. I doubt that I would be able to feel that. What I am also not sure of when it comes to Chappers' statement is that "logically" there must be some sort of minimal latency because in the video he wasn't listening to the real amp, but to the real amp, miced up, sent throught the mixing desk, send to the kemper, out from the kemper, back into the mixing desk and into the studio monitors.

Well, for those interested in testing how much of a latency difference you can feel - do the test!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAuY9OyMsdg

Interestingly there's one more quote from this video that expresses exactly how I felt when I did the FW comparisons with my reamped recordings. Lee Anderton says in the video at 13:47: "I think I could hear that we were switching between two different sounds, but I wouldn't have been able to sit there and go "That's the amp and that's the Kemper". I think I could hear a slight difference between my wet 1.5.4 and 1.6 - but I would never have been able to say which was which.

One more note (while I am at it): Peter Weihe has commented on the Kemper and says that although it's close to perfection, the A/B listening option of the Kemper isn't really a 100% fair A/B comparison, because the miced amp is signalled through the Kemper for the A/B comparison switch which might result in a coloring that could confuse a real A/B comparison. Yet, I guess everyone sould be aware that he's talking about nuances here that probably only 1 out of 1000 people could hear these slight nuances.

Edited once, last by joerch ().

• Shocking video after 1.6 upgrade!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Genius!!! :thumbup:

• Dear guitarplaying friends.
    CK has stated he does not know what to change to satisfy those of us (I cant) who hear a difference in 1.6.
    Could we all drop it here? Lets instead all thank him for the KPA, 1.6 and wish him the best with the launch at NAMM?
    Product launches can be extremely taxing and we could let him use all his time and energy for that.
    Can we all do this together?

No.

No matter what you, CK, or anybody says.I have an issue about the sound in my Kemper, and this forum is supposed to be here to help and share, so I'm not going to make a "the leader is good, the leader is great" (see http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R…e=youtube_gdata_player).I have my own criterium.

CK has tried to help, and I'm grateful for that, but know I want to solve my problems with the Kemper with the help of this community.Thanks to CK I know there must be something else apart from the new firmware, but still have a problem with my sound.

What should be done here is to stop the jokes, bullshit, and unuseful posts and try to help and find solutions to the problems that the members of this forum, also KPA owners, are dealing with.

Proud Kemper+Axe FX II user.....yes, you can hook'em together, they WON'T explode.

• [quote='guitarmania62',index.php?page=Thread&postID=65918#post65918]

Finally, which one it,s the best in the digital preamps entire world: the 1.54 or the 1.6???
    THIS IS THE REAL QUESTION!!!

I love my Kemper, and I know that this is the best guitar product I have ever played in the digital domain. In fact I play guitar very long time
    ago (about 35 years now, after learning classical violin 8 years) on the different scenes in Europa.....I was one of the first users of digital preamps like Roland GP100, Line6 PODs, Roger Linn,s Adrenalinn, Roland VG, and GR series. Still I,m using the GP100 because of it,s versatility and satisfying responsivity on scene and I,m working with analog sims like Sansamps, a lot of tube preamps, like Axis Excalibur, Tube Driver and others. Still I have my Marshall Super Lead head and boxes (the very first series) and I use sometimes my Kasha Rockmod.....,

but my KPA is a very different thing............, and I like it a lot.

In fact I feel that it,s THE BEST ON THE WORLD in inventing new melodyies, improvisations, because MY KEMPERS ORGANIC SOUND inspired my creativity in an unique way!!! (OH, I,m sorry for this! It,s like on the cheap commercials, but it,s true!

BUT I must to say that the fact is that
    there is a really big difference in playing feel between version 1.52 and the new 1.6!!!!!

My first impression about the 1.6 was that it,s a lot better for me to play on it with the new rigs, but next day when I was started to play my older rigs, I have realised that it,s not the same feeling like before.

Now, after a few days of testing the DIFFERENCES IN PLAYING FEEL between version 1.52 and 1.6 I have some conclusions:

- on digital preamps I,m using always a lot of compression, because I,m playing with too much energy and dynamics.

- on tube staff I never need compression.

- my Kemper was between them (on some rigs I was need to use a little bit compression)

- now on version 1.6 I feel that I don,t need anymore this compression in the same rigs.........( First of all, because of this I like the newer version

- before the KPA I was always disturbed by the playing feel of the digital preamps. They have not giving me that tube amps picking attacks feeling like real ones....On the recordings these digital pres was sounding realistic, but to play with them in real time it was simple not so satisfying enough. (My technician friend than told me, that this is because of the latency of the converters and the DSPs.............). The truth is that the Axe FX it was without that latency feeling, but I don,t like that sterile sound of it.

- my little Kemper was the first digital preamp with a totally satisfying playing feel with an incredible tube realism.

- ....and now it,s a little bit embarassing, that with the new version, the 1.6 I feel that digital latency again.........., not as much, like on my other digital pres, but, it,s there...........

[align=justify] - I have made some recordings too with the two different versions,

+1000

I'm saying since the first moment that theres something different in the feeling when you play, maybe not in recordings, maybe not in spdif out...but playing thru my poweramp and 4x12 the Kemper sounds very different than before.Call it sterile, call it Axe -like, call it what you want...but I don't like it.

This is what we need to find a solution for , instead of making stupid jokes laughung of people who tries to share and find a solution for their problems.If you don't have a problem with 1.6, what are you doing in this thread???? Don't waste my time and enjoy yours playing guitar.

Proud Kemper+Axe FX II user.....yes, you can hook'em together, they WON'T explode.

• I would suggest when the inventor of a device who's offering enhancements of the device for free states that its his saddest moment in 15 years of being on forums, the he might opt to take some time off rather than burn the midnight oil working on another firmware only to be dragged through the coals. In fact, if I were him I might simply stop offering updates entirely. Why put forth all the effort only to be badgered and my qualifications questioned? CK is under no obligation to do anything other than fix critical bugs and provide warranty service. We should remember that. CK owes none of us anything, the updated features are gifts. If you don't like the sound/feel/taste/smell of 1.6, roll back and be happy and let the rest of us move on.

• +1000

I'm saying since the first moment that theres something different in the feeling when you play, maybe not in recordings, maybe not in spdif out...but playing thru my poweramp and 4x12 the Kemper sounds very different than before.Call it sterile, call it Axe -like, call it what you want...but I don't like it.

This is what we need to find a solution for , instead of making stupid jokes laughung of people who tries to share and find a solution for their problems.If you don't have a problem with 1.6, what are you doing in this thread???? Don't waste my time and enjoy yours playing guitar.

• Surely just moving your head away from your monitors a bit increases the latency about 1ms a foot isn't it. So nodding your head backwards and forwards will vary the latency of the sound you hear.

Moving around on stage can vary this quite a bit, does the amp then feel different?

Or is this latency talk a load of doodoo

• +1000