Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• can anybody reproduce this:

Strange when I go to Output page 5/5 and turn the 'Aux In Volume' some times from 0 to 10 - the sound get bad again and the overall volume output of the KPA is very low - only a full reboot brings me back.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• can anybody reproduce this:

Strange when I go to Output page 5/5 and turn the 'Aux In Volume' some times from 0 to 10 - the sound get bad again and the overall volume output of the KPA is very low - only a full reboot brings me back.

Yeah, I hear this too, but simply turning the master volume briefly to wide open brings the level back to normal—no tonal change occurred at any point.

• Quoted from "Armin"
    can anybody reproduce this:

Yeah, I hear this too, but simply turning the master volume briefly to wide open brings the level back to normal—no tonal change occurred at any point.

I can reproduce it. Really crazy bug!

• Yeah, I hear this too, but simply turning the master volume briefly to wide open brings the level back to normal—no tonal change occurred at any point.

Yes, you are right - my master volume is at 10.0 all the time.
    When I turn the Aux In Volume some times then the KPA's output volume is very low (while still at 10.0).
    I have to turn the Master volume down and up again to be back to normal.
    Sound is the same.

The System reset seams to have the greatest effect - so if anybody else feels a sound difference try this:
    switch the KPA off
    press and hold the 'system' button
    start to tuner (boot up can take a little bit longer).
    Check if it sounds right again.

(All your KPA settings are then lost - presets and profiles will not be changed)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• As I mentioned before, I don't hear a difference in the tone of the two versions. I'm sure those that do are sincere just as CK is sincere when he assures us that there is no difference in tone. I'm not sure how or if this can be reconciled.
    But...
    I, for one, really appreciate that CK is so passionate about this product...enough so that he is willing to participate in this thread. I have had "real" issues with other products and the company producing them totally ignored any complaints. My hats off to CK for demonstrating a continued passion for a great product and a willingness to discuss our concerns in an open forum...THANKS!

• For me is all fine now - after some FW updates and the system reset does the KPA @1.60 sound fine again.

I can't hear any difference between the latency settings anymore.

The only thing that still happens is the volume reduction when I turn the 'Aux In Volume' a few times from 0.0-10.0.

• That's why it's called beta :P

Ya, betabugs. :)

I went into the Master page, for some reason I turned the Spdif to zero, it was defaulted at 10 (I use the main out 1/4") not Spdif.
    As I turned the Spdif down the Master volume dropped a lot, and I couldn't restore the MV back to where it was...in other words to get back to the same MV I had before I had to increase the MV much higher than ever before...that must be a bug, after a System reset the Spdif was back at 10 and I left it there.

• For me is all fine now - after some FW updates and the system reset does the KPA @1.60 sound fine again.

I can't hear any difference between the latency settings anymore.

The only thing that still happens is the volume reduction when I turn the 'Aux In Volume' a few times from 0.0-10.0.

Wait...you mean the Kemper is in fact still playable, the latency is still acceptable, the tone isn't dark and muffled forcing a return to tube amps, and CK is actually qualified to speak about the inner workings of the product he developed?

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5zKXz.gif]

;););):P

• I did not claim the other things you mentioned - but yes it sounds fine again - just enjoying to play that thing.

... wait I just noticed something strange :D

• Well, at least this 635 posts have produced something positive... :thumbup:
    Armin: would you mind reporting to Burkhard and Christoph? So we can close it here and they can get to the root of the bug and correct it. At the end this is why they make public beta testing.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Christ, we'll all get post traumatic thread disorder. 8|

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs