Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• That’s the spirit. :thumbup:
    I predict a lot of guys will own both the head and rack versions, and they won't sell the head because of it's sentimental and artistic value.

ABSOLUTELY
    A family of toasters.

Steve
    Mainly my own built valve amps and Kemper

• MadH: I remember it! But that was because of the re-flash procedure from Armin. IIRC somebody did something wrong and a unit had to be sent back for a complete install of the FW. Sheesh....CK was quite p..sed off with us.... 8o:D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• If you get lucky maybe you even get a ban warning. :D

:D

I should be re-instated at that place, seriously, it's been more than 18 months.
    What's gone on over there in the last 18 months with the KPAVSAXEFX makes what I said seem like tiddlywinks in comparison.
    If I said those things today no one would bat an eyelid. :D

• ABSOLUTELY
    A family of toasters.

I think it was genius to first release the toaster version, not a black rack version.
    The toaster will become legend, it's the piece of 'art' that started the revolution, now the black rack releases and all the hard work has already been done by the toaster. :thumbup:

• MadH: I remember it! But that was because of the re-flash procedure from Armin. IIRC somebody did something wrong and a unit had to be sent back for a complete install of the FW. Sheesh....CK was quite p..sed off with us.... 8o:D

You see...!!! It is always Armin's fault. :D

Yes I remember that we'll. should it transpire that a sys reset does help, I would imagine this could written in as part of the OS upgrade. Just thinking out loud I'm off, it's kemper time..

Steve

• Hmmm...you guys got me thinking. Should I do a system reset just as a matter of good practice or not? By the way, what are the steps for a proper system reset and what are the things to check after?

• switch the KPA off
    press and hold the 'system' button
    start to tuner (boot up can take a little bit longer).
    (All your KPA settings are then lost - presets and profiles will not be changed)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hmmm...you guys got me thinking. Should I do a system reset just as a matter of good practice or not? By the way, what are the steps for a proper system reset and what are the things to check after?

Boot holding system pressed 'till you see "initializing....." Let the boot process continue. When up and running you need to re-enter username (exactly the same as before, otherwise no favourites), date and time. Input and Master settings will be deleted as well.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• either I've fallen victim to these psychiatric forum ramblings or the system reset really did work. I upgraded back to 1.6.0 and still felt that 1.5.4 was different "feel wise". I did the system reset and have been playing my favorite profiles for a couple hours and have been very filled with happiness so far....

• Meanwhile I haven't had my KPA for two days, I'm going effing nuts without it.
    It's been out at a potential buyer from a Music store who wanted to check it out.
    I sent the guy an sms earlier on, I said you better have it back at the music store first thing tomorrow morning. :)

Seriously, my KPA is reliced already...it looks like a Fender custom shop 'relic'. :thumbup:

• Meanwhile I haven't had my KPA for two days, I'm going effing nuts without it.
    It's been out at a potential buyer from a Music store who wanted to check it out.
    I sent the guy an sms earlier on, I said you better have it back at the music store first thing tomorrow morning. :)

Seriously, my KPA is reliced already...it looks like a Fender custom shop 'relic'. :thumbup:

Well that makes it worth thee times as much, that will be the next release a custom shop version

Steve