Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• I told you!!!!

Probably one of my multiple downgrades/upgrades did a system reset, and the shit went out!

Gosh, this was really driving me crazy, I needed to know WHY!!!!!!

Now I can turn off my Kemper and wait to mess with the next firm :D

Proud Kemper+Axe FX II user.....yes, you can hook'em together, they WON'T explode.

• OK, so I did a system reset just for kicks. I maybe crazy too 'cause I really think it sounds fuller now. :huh:
    I did notice the the Master was set to 10 after the system reset...'wasn't expecting that. ?(
    Anyway, all is well and I'm still dig'n the Kemper as always. :thumbup:

• I (thankfully) don't hear or feel a difference and I feel bad for those that do as I know how these ghosts can drive one crazy. I wonder if this is one of those situations where people who play the same profile get something different out of the kpa. Hasn't that happened in the past in some situations like if someone had corrupt settings or a corrupt profile?

Disclaimer: I am mostly deaf, completely tonedeaf and not too experienced. I am just some random person on the internet posting my personal opinion.

Hate to say I told you so :whistling:

• Maybe someone should inform Mr Kemer that the solution has been found. God knows if he's still got any nerve left to look at this thread at all lol

• Oh well, might be my ears playing tricks on me, but I did a system reset just for kicks and I could swear it sounds better. To be very honest I wouldn't be surprised at all if this firmware upgrade required a system reset - when I first got my KPA it only worked as it was supposed to after a system reset, flash memory wipe and flash memory init. Without going through those steps, the monitor out was dead and for a few very uncomfortable moments I even thought my unit was defective.

• Good news. :) I did a system reset in FW 1.6.0 just after updating firmware (my previous reset was in FW 1.5.4) like Armin. I cannot hear any difference now while playing with the latency switch. I suggest everybody else that noticed the differences to try this and report the results.

From now on I will do a system reset every time I update the FW just in case.

My FEEL & SOUND is back!!!!! Thanks Armin!!!
    Simple step= great result ;)

• I have worked all night long with my KPA.

Like I have writed here before: I have problems with the 1.6 upgrade installation, but I have resolved it in a strange way: after installing it with a non working-starting result, I have booting it from a stick with the new upgrade. In this way it was starting and sounding right and it was charming me with the new presets. Next day, when I was started my nice, upgraded Kemper, I was shocked to feel that strange digital latency while playing .....After this I was make a downgrade to 1.52 and it was responded well again to my guitar playing.

Now I have worked a lot with my nice little KPA: I have upgraded and downgraded it a lot of times and You must to know that almost every time it was different the upgrading process, and the sound/playing feel on the version 1.6 it was different too, almost every times..........with a very interesting results: 3 times (from 4) it was responded right to my playing, but somehow a little bit different each time..........

........After that I was tryied to make a system reset after upgrading process to 1.6, and like a wonder: it was going that strange latency feeling.
    Now I have tryied a few times to downgrade > upgrade > reset,
    downgrade > upgrade > reset,
    ..........and indifferent from the upgrading process modes strange varietyies, every time it was a pleasure again to play with this little wonder.

FINALLY, IT,S WORKING LIKE A CHARM and IT,S GOOD TO FEEL IT,S EXCELLENT RESPONSE AGAIN!!!!!

THANKS FOR ALL FOLKS FROM THIS FORUM, because I was thinking that it,s something wrong with me, or my playing feels, but when I have realised that there are a lot of people, who have the same sensations, so I,m on my way again, trusting in myself, my Kemper, my music and guitars.

• The Big Four Engineers story

Chem. Eng , Mechanic Eng . , Electrical Eng. and Electronic (Computers) Eng . are driving the car .
    In one moment car just stopped on the road.

Chem Eng : we are short of fuel
    Mech. Eng : must be some mechanical part failure
    Electrical Eng : must be something about engine electrical power supply

Computer Eng. : no worry , just reset it - switch on /off couple of times and we'll be back on the road again

:whistling:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I haven't upgraded to 1.6 yet, but I intend to now that resetting the KPA seems to fix the problem addressed here.

Question, should I delete 1.54 from my memory stick before downloading 1.6? Should I wipe the memory stick clean by initializing the memory stick? Also, what am I going to loose when I reset the KPA after loading 1.6?

As always, thanks for your help.