Flanger Electric Mistress tone with the Kemper Flanger (standard or oneway)?

• Does anyone show his tip/trick to clone the Flanger Electric Mistress sound with the Kemper Flanger?

I always wanted one by never buyed, so, if one have the original (or better, the various original models) can give us some useful settings to recreate that sound. It was a similar thread posted in May which no-one answer.
    Is it possible?

Thanks for help!

Maurizio

• I have an Electric Mistress Deluxe and had no luck in recrating that sound with the Kemper. The circuit adds some grind that the KPA stomp just doesn't have.

Personally I am still using that pedal in front of the KPA if I need that sound (actually when I'm doing my Andy Summers impersonation ;) )

• I have an Electric Mistress Deluxe and had no luck in recrating that sound with the Kemper. The circuit adds some grind that the KPA stomp just doesn't have.

Personally I am still using that pedal in front of the KPA if I need that sound (actually when I'm doing my Andy Summers impersonation ;) )

By adding grind, do you mean the signal is boosted a bit slightly distorting your amp input? If so, maybe an eq to tailor the frequencies to match the pedal's coloration and add a little signal. I'm unfamiliar with that specific pedal but so far I'm loving the flanger in the Kemper in a huge way. You can get that beautifully huge, smooth sweep without and ugly frequencies jumping out.

• Mauricio, I used to own both the Deluxe and the Hartman and think I've hit upon a decent Mistress sound in the KPA. I remember one of the keys was to turn down Manual (the center frequency) to get rid of the jet plane sound. How do I upload just the Flanger?

The easiest way is to use a "default" rig like this one that I build with all the effects and amp to a default value
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/568398…012-08-19%2009-15-12.kipr
    substitute any STOMP with your Flanger settings and then export the Rig in the USB from the KPA and share it...

Otherwise you can save the Flanger preset among the Stomp Preset, export on USB a BACKUP, open it with WINRAR and take in the Directory STOMP PRESETS the Flanger you did...

• By adding grind, do you mean the signal is boosted a bit slightly distorting your amp input? If so, maybe an eq to tailor the frequencies to match the pedal's coloration and add a little signal. I'm unfamiliar with that specific pedal but so far I'm loving the flanger in the Kemper in a huge way. You can get that beautifully huge, smooth sweep without and ugly frequencies jumping out.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Kempers Flanger. It is just a different flavour than a Electric Mistress.

By "grind" I meant the kind of the flange itself. While the Electric Misstress certainly does add some distortion and that could be taken care of with EQ and a booster (which would eat up three slots which isn't that practical), it is the character of the flange that is different. The KPA flanger is smooth and silky - which of course is a quality in it's own right - and the Electro Harmonix is pretty rough and grainy.

Think of early Police: That was just a Tele, a Electric Mistress and an old Plexi Marshall. I can't get that sound with the KPA flanger. I can get a suitable amp-tone however and that is difficult part ;) I have no problem to continue using my pedals.

Another pedal I miss in the KPA is a good Rangemaster-like treble-booster. The current treble-booster doesn't cut it for me.

• Ben, I saw that you have improved on your Young Lust settings, can you share those with us? Much appreciated!

• The Electric Mistress uses old analog bucket brigade chips.
    Its very hard to duplicate that sound and the reason EHX still uses new old stock chips in their analog delays.
    Its a sound...

Bill, if you manage to find your best approximation to that sound, let us know ;)

• Much appreciated, Ben!

A couple of your changes from the last set of settings you posted are similar to some tweaks I found useful, including lowering Manual some more.

• Thanks so much for sharing these settings! I'm really diggin this stomp. This is also the perfect flange effect for Rush - Red Barchetta.

• It's in the flange family,...! Anyone manage to duplicate an 'Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love' intro flanger?! :P

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Hi burningyen! Can you tell me where you using your flanger (pre or post stack?) i use it on effects section( x and mod buttons) with the same settings you show to us but the sound its different... seems too far to my ears...