Kemper Ideascale

• +1, ideascale was pretty cool, too bad Avid didn't give a s**t about what came up from there.

In fact if I owned a modeling company I'd go there and read the best voted ideas for the 11R, it's a ready-made feature set request from high end modeling users with some pretty cool ideas, pure gold if you ask me

;)

• the feature request sub-forum is working quite well, wouldn't you agree? ;)

Hey Don,

I would like to disagree. :)
    Of course it's well possible to post individual feature requests here, but it lacks the right means to vote the same way you see on the other website.
    Yes, Woltlab Burning Board provides a thread rating feature ... but there must be a reason why nobody ever used it to rate a feature request. ;)
    Maybe just a matter of styling and positioning the rating feature (and the current figures) so it's more obvious, attractive and easy to use.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Hey Don,
    I would like to disagree. :)

really?
    the user base has had quite a bit of input on the recent development of features. Seems like it works to me.

Of course it's well possible to post individual feature requests here, but it lacks the right means to vote the same way you see on the other website.

I prefer this style a lot. Requests are discussed rather than voted on. The issues at hand are pretty complex and so are the reasons for and against them - which makes the reasonings more interesting than how many 'like' or 'dislike' button presses a thread receives.

Maybe just a matter of styling and positioning the rating feature (and the current figures) so it's more obvious, attractive and easy to use.

writing a short reply seems easy enough to me.
    simply voting on the other hand doesn't require as much thought and might be too easy.

• It looks to me as though the current system has worked pretty well, and I'm happy with the results to date. Now, when's that KFC going to be released!? :D

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yes, probably "instant gratification" buttons run the risk of creating too much floor noise. The only drawback of a classic thread is that devs should take the time to read it all. But the infos they can get from this are undoubtedly more meaningful to me.

• Coming myself from ProTools and Eleven Rack, I also like the Ideascale better.

People can comment on a feature request, can easily vote, and we can see progression of the features (in progress, complete, top features, feature by software version, etc...).

On a forum, some post can be forgotten after few months, the search isn't as efficient as the Ideascale model, etc...
    (it's one of the reason why I haven't participate anymore).

I do believe Forum is great for chitchat, but not the best form for real feature request and project managing/following.

My 2 cents...

• I do believe Forum is great for chitchat, but not the best form for real feature request and project managing/following.

So true!
    Discussing a feature request and its potential implementation in depth is something very different to simple expression of interest and support.
    Always good to have these two seperate ... and I have multiple years experience using project management tools like Jira.

You know, sometimes I simply can't add to a discussion but want to add my vote without adding to much noise to the signal. ;)

Cheers,
    Martin

• Same here...

I probably already voted for 200 or more features on Ideascale for Protools and Eleven Rack... while I'm only participating to four main features here: Rack version, PedalBoard, Looper and Boost.

It's easier to just browse the feature and vote, yes, no, yes, yes, no, etc... In few minutes you gave your opinion for dozen and dozen of important features.
    And if I want to explore more about something, probably debate about it, etc... I could open the thread and comment about it.

To me, it's the best way to have crowd based feature request management.

My 2 cents ;)