cab maker 1.0

• How are people finding the results of this, I wasn't a fan when I had a quick play, it seemed to take the very basic sound of a cab and translate that but nothing special, I'm open to suggestions on good IRs to start with for those that are having success.

cheers

Spence

• How are people finding the results of this, I wasn't a fan when I had a quick play, it seemed to take the very basic sound of a cab and translate that but nothing special, I'm open to suggestions on good IRs to start with for those that are having success.

cheers

Spence

Cab IR's are just static frequency responses or to put it another way EQ curves, nothing more or less. They're vastly inferior to the cab sim you get with the Kemper in which the frequency response is only a part, but i can see them being of use to people who want to e.g. generate tone matched sounds. Personally I've only ever found them to sound like rubbish and clearly like a naff EQ on top of a DI fizzy sound with amp sims so I'll skip. But some people invested money into packs and packs of these things so fro them it's important.

To the earlier poster who was wondering if it would capture the room. Yes and no, yes in terms of the frequency response of the room becoming more dominant as the mic moves away from the cab no in terms of will it make something sound like it's distant mic'd, you need to have reverberation for that. So it'll capture exactly the same amount of "the room" as profiling a cab with the Kemper (or maybe slightly less given the detail of the Kemper profiling process), but IMO because of their inherent limitations it'll probably sound even less "in the room" than a standard distance profile.

• I'm there with you "doc" ;) . It's exciting that the options keep coming and I'm very interested to hear clips. I'm not in love with every cab capture I have heard with the KPA, but that's a taste thing. The ones I do like are superb and I can't imagine much I find lacking in my favorite profiles.

Hopefully someclips will start being shared and I might get more fired up. < I do like convolution reverbs as opposed to algorhythmic types, so IR's are not something I have an issue with.> Just wondering if it'll beat the KPA profiling method for hitting the sound desired. I dig IR's for reverbs... just not convinced that it's going to get us further than where the KPA is right now. I know IR's can help modelers, but I think modelers need the help. As for the KPA benefit? Not so sure. I'll be listening.
    :thumbup:

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• That thing has a nice bug:

It only converts files that reside on the boot disk. If you try to convert files that are on a different harddrive it will show a format error (file must be 16/24-bit and 44.1kHz), although the format is correct.

So before you waste a few hours like I did and scratch your head what is wrong with your files, check their location.

• That thing has a nice bug:

It only converts files that reside on the boot disk. If you try to convert files that are on a different harddrive it will show a format error (file must be 16/24-bit and 44.1kHz), although the format is correct.

So before you waste a few hours like I did and scratch your head what is wrong with your files, check their location.

Working fine here. Installed on boot disk. Converted files on external drive.