For Eric Jonhson fans - James Santiago cabs converted to KPA cabs

• Hi Guys,
    I put these in my shared folder on my KPA thumb drive but cant seem to load them.
    What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

RC

Press on the Kemper, the Button "Cabinet" and browse the cabinets . It should be easy . :thumbup:

p.s. i imagined you already imported them to your kemper, right ? If thumb drive is not conecting , unplug and plug again until you see it appearing .

• Yeah, I placed the cabs on my stick in the shared folder, moved the stick to my KPA but they are not showing up or loading. I double checked my cabs on the kpa and they did not load.

place the cabs inside a dir called cabs . When you plug the usb you should see the message Import . Browse the cabs, you can search all cabs in the browser of your rigs, but there is another icon that says something like browse presets cabs (ones you imported or the ones you saved before) . Be sure that the Usb stick has been formated properlly and that you insert the cabs dir inside the SHARED folder . It should be easy . theres some step you are missing , or your Usb stick turned mad .
    Hope it helps, otherwise message me .

Cheers man

Edited once, last by Tone ().

• I just noticed, these download as MPEG files so my KPA wont recognize it. Any thoughts on how to get these to work?

I realize I once had these downloaded but cleared out my rig when I did the Maurizio upload and cant find these anymore and for whatever reason they wont load up this time arouns. 8|

• I guess you've just downloaded a... video!

In case there's an issue with the extension being fake, manually change it to .rar and then try and uncompress the file and see what happens.

:)

• Cab folder inside shared folder worked for me.

These are awesome! Thanks sooo much for sharing!!!

I combined these speakers with a profile that just wasn't working before, and made it suddenly sound great! Awesome!

Are there more of these available with other speakers?

• Just did a test to see if it worked for me.

1. Download zip file ( I think you have already done this)
    2. Unzip file (should create folder called KPA cabs)
    3. Mount UBS drive to computer
    4. Navigate to "Shared" folder on USB drive
    5. Create "Cabs" sub-folder within "Shared" folder
    6. Copy *.kipr files from computer "KPA cabs" folder to USB drive "Cabs" folder
    7. Unmount USB drive from computer (if required)
    8. Mount USB drive to Profiler.
    9.Select External Storage then Import
    10. Should get message that x rigs are imported (it says rigs, buts cabinets are what is imported)

After this, the cabinets should be visible when browsing Presets

Edit: Need to be in Browser mode to see "Import/Export" option under "External Storage". (OS 3.0.2 Beta)

• Hi,

So, when I go to external storage, I only have backup or restore options.....I've had the kipr files in the root of the key, in the shared folder, in a sub folder calls "Cabs" and in other named folders......confused....

Cheers,
    Andy

• So, when I go to external storage, I only have backup or restore options.....I've had the kipr files in the root of the key, in the shared folder, in a sub folder calls "Cabs" and in other named folders......confused....

They only go in the sub folder called "Cabs" under the "Shared" folder. Removed them from all the other locations.

• 3.0.1 for me.....I wonder if it's a bug....and if so....do I report it....or will they just tell me to upgrade to 3.0.2...... 3.0.1 is no longer on the download list....currently installing 3.0.2....

• Right, on 3.0.2 and the same thing. What mode are you in when you go to the external drive? Did you use the cabinets from the link I provided or different ones? Wondering if there is an issue with either those cabs or their compatibility with newer firmware?