The great 1.6 debate. A simple poll.

• The point is that there should not be fans of one or the other if the aliasing is out of the equation.

I will repeat what I said in the other thread: the power of suggestion is immense. The simple fact of being excited that a new firmware was available would be enough to shift perception to believe what one heard was better. Add to the fact that aliasing had been reduced and those thinking what they heard was better is easily explainable...

• I havent notice any change in the sound, but do like the extra in 1.6, and that I dont have the lcd going blinking red when turn off.
    I just love how god the Kemper sounds, superior to everything else I have tested.

LTD WA-600
    Cort Bass
    Kemper
    Roland Quad Capture
    M-Audio BX5a

• 108 votes... I fear what will happen if we reach 1 6 0 votes. Perhaps an aliasing plague on all our houses...

After Oprah has finished with Lance perhaps CK should go on and tell his story of how he survived the great 1.6.0 inquisition of 2013 (- 2047). A tear jerker for sure... I hope he has a well stocked hotel mini bar over there for NAMM...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Yes, I mentioned this on the other thread. The number of people that say they can hear a difference is significant compared to the ones that don't.

Pointless statement. On a thread topic titled 'I don't like the sound of 1.6.0' surely more people are going to chime in if they DON'T like it than if they do. What about the 'masses' of people who don't even post. To me this poll is a good way, maybe, of the larger, general Kemper public. People who would rather click an option than to get involved in a debate.

• Pointless statement. On a thread topic titled 'I don't like the sound of 1.6.0' surely more people are going to chime in if they DON'T like it than if they do. What about the 'masses' of people who don't even post. To me this poll is a good way, maybe, of the larger, general Kemper public. People who would rather click an option than to get involved in a debate.

You got it wrong. What I meant by that is that I mentioned the results of this poll in other thread.

• Armin i think that "1.6.0 is better" can be related to a brunch of things.
    "Better" might mean:
    a) Gosh, it sounds the same but with no aliasing (i know that the poll opener affirmed that it shouldn't be the point of discussion, but i'm pretty sure that some voted because of it)!
    b) it sound the same but lovely FX;
    c) it sound the same but, hell, what a Green Screamer (that's what i voted).
    d) it sounds different, but better.

Unfortunately that's the limit of statistics. They need to be simple in order to have some readable results, but they loose the nuances of each opinion.
    I'd stay with facts, and that's why i much prefere a more scientific approach, like the one in the other thread.

P.S: dunno what to say about the feel. I like it a lot, way more than the very early firmware, which suffered of some latency.

• There's been no valid "scientific" comparison posted in the other thread as there was no control subject included.

• I'd stay with facts, and that's why i much prefer a more scientific approach

There's been no valid "scientific" comparison posted in the other thread as there was no control subject included.

Jimmyno raises a valid point about the limitation of statistics - especially closed questions. But this is a simple quantitative analysis - a way that people can indicate what they think without getting churned up about it in public. The other thread is more qualitative by nature... converging data and all that. Also... it's proving quite a challenge to quantify the difference in sound and feel... tricky one that. CK has gone about it correctly - Don't see anyone attempting a similar test. He's provided enough detail to allow replication...

Will seems to be holding down the fort on the other thread - he has constantly called for more scientific methods when a lot of folk are talking about gut feelings. The more recent posts seem to be growing ever more hostile, telling people they shouldn’t make jokes, calling out the inventor of the unit in a fairly abusive manner. Really folks... quite unbecoming... Look, I understand that a perceived change of sound must drive some people crazy but before questioning other people's contributions perhaps people should think on about what they are contributing. After the poll closes on Sunday night I’ll do some inferential statistics on the data and post back. Most likely a Chi Square as we are dealing with nominal data in essence. Yes yes I know… there are lies, damn lies, and statistics… :D

Of course...this won't prove much - it's just a barometer. But proof seems to be an elusive creature at the present time... it will all get sorted eventually...

Have a good weekend all :thumbup:

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I think the Warren Commission's report is crazy. There is no way that one single G# could have traveled off the fretboard as far as it did. There had to have been a second guitar in the profilely noll.

Nice :D