Lunch Box or Rack Version which one would u pick

• If a rack version, which one would it be? Standard or power rack? And would you add another 600,- Euros for a power amp? Me, I'd stay with the "original" Kemper, and still keep questing for an appropriate amp solution, always depending on the specific situation.

One question, would it be possible to use the power rack just as a plain Kemper?

• If a rack version, which one would it be? Standard or power rack? And would you add another 600,- Euros for a power amp? Me, I'd stay with the "original" Kemper, and still keep questing for an appropriate amp solution, always depending on the specific situation.

One question, would it be possible to use the power rack just as a plain Kemper?

I'm pretty sure that the direct outs to FOH will still be available if not all the original unpowered outs.

• So you will use toaster in the studio and rack for gigging, if you could only have used one for both which one would y
    Ou have picked.

Definitely Rack, that's why I did wait so long for it.

I'm a rack guy, including in Studio.
    It's easier to get everything properly installed, regardless if it's in a studio desk or a road case.

• I've had a thought??????

Buy both use the toaster with the built in amp as a gigging solution and the rack one without the amp for the studio. It could be put in a rack and left alone!!!!!! There you go I've just talked myself in to buying both. Better remortgage my house now lol :D

If we keep badgering them hopefully they will post the new floorboard controller on FB as well tonight fingers crossed

• If the new rackmount version happens to fit in a shallow rack then I'll probably go for that. Otherwise I would get the head version or both. :D

PRS: DGT
    Soldano: SLO-100
    Mesa: Black/Gold 3/4-Back 1x12 Mesa "Black Shadow" Celestion C90 Cabinets
    TC Electronic: Nova System

• The lunchbox/toaster version is fantastic.

I predict that the Toaster will still outsell the Rack unit.

Once people finally realise how much better ergonomically the Toaster is and logistically easier to manage rack unit sales
    will diminish.

• New rig: 2 RAckmount kempers with built in poweramps line 6 g90 wireless, furman power conditioner, some kind of audio switcher like the GCX or RJM RG16.

Run BOTH Live in stereo with different profiles, through 2 4x12s, and both to FOH.... Christ, I need a new job!!!! :D

That would be insane, still hoping one day they will get the KPA to run stereo profiles.... That, and an intelligent harmonizer is all I care about now...

• The lunchbox/toaster version is fantastic.

I predict that the Toaster will still outsell the Rack unit.

Once people finally realise how much better ergonomically the Toaster is and logistically easier to manage rack unit sales
    will diminish.

I do believe both versions will sell pretty well and will make both users happy. But your argument doesn't make any sense.

The Toaster and the Rack version share the exact same layout, screen, buttons, etc...

The only differences? The rack is missing two knobs for the Modulation rate and intensity and has the USB port in front. For all the rest, it's just the same at barely the same place, etc... so not a big deal that would drastically change the usability.

Now it just gives the choice to users to buy the format they like the most, not in regard of any layout design (or ergonomics), but in regard of their needs. That's it. Inside it's still the same unit and that's all that really matters.

• Your argument doesn't make any sense.

The rack by design is physically bigger than the toaster and it has a lower profile.

Once you insert the new KPA rack into either a road case or a rack sleeve you'll soon learn which is the easier to navigate and physically manage.

If you're happier with the rack version I'm very pleased & impressed that Kemper has done as you and/or anybody else has requested,however, my argument will make sense once you experience it.

Speaking of physically managing the Toaster, if anyone is interested in a high quality case these guys are great and I
    highly recommend them. http://www.studioslips.com/bri….php?ManID=684&CabID=5427

I have NO affiliation with Studio Slips whatsoever.

• Well, I'm currently using several guitar racks (Eleven Rack, 1101, Art, Boss, and other old stuff...) and I can definitely and easily use them in my rack, where it would just be impossible with the toaster that I need to find a place that I can't easily reach, etc... (that's why I didn't buy it).

So, I think it just depends your personal environment, habits, etc... and now it's good for everyone there's both versions to choose from.
    But nobody can make any generic conclusion like yours because there's no generic usage.

If racks wouldn't be good layout design, nobody would buy Axe, Eleven Rack, Pod HD Pro, 1101, TC electronic, etc...etc...

PS: And I would NEVER EVER transport any gear that is not in a hardcase. All my stuff is on hardcase (on wheels) to easily load everything in the truck. Soft travel bags are not an option to me. But that's just me ;)