Lunch Box or Rack Version which one would u pick

• (that's why I didn't buy it).

So you haven't used the Toaster version but you're still commenting. (And my argument doesn't make sense ?( )

I still have an Eventide H8000, Lexicon PCM80, TC2290 and have previously owned the AXE so I feel my real world
    experience allows me to comment on both the Toaster and Rack form factor.

If you're a live/touring band that have a road crew I can certainly see the need to Hardcase/Rackcase any device, however, these days most of us roadie for ourselves and heavy/hard cases in a non commercial vehicle and carrying them up stairs isn't that easy or practical.

If the scenario above is yours then a KPA rack for you it is.

• You probably didn't read my previous comments.

As I said, I didn't buy the toaster for myself because I was waiting for the rack instead.
    But we bought it for the studio, where it's actually (with the desktop synth and drum machine) the only piece of gear that is not rack mounted.

Again, what I'm saying is that nobody can't make any conclusion on form factor. It's like if you were saying: "Head+Cab is not going to work because it's not as ergonomically good as a Combo". That's a no sense. What is true for one is not necessary true for everyone. There's not only one way to make music and if manufactures do propose several form factor for decades now, it's probably for a good reason. That's all I'm saying...

Now talking about personal experience, if you have a bunch of gear you carry yourself (just like I do), you will definitely love to have hardcase you can bang, slam and roll without much care when you over-tired at the end of the night when all you want is to go home and sleep. That's why I have everything in hardcase, including stomp pedals (that are controlled by a G-System).

When I need to install them, I don't spend hours for that... Just open the rack, plug the power and plug the in/out cables and it's ready to play. It also avoid any trouble with some routing cables to be destroyed over the time, bad power plugs, and any kind of time issues that would waste your time every single time you have a gig. There's dozen and dozen reasons why I could prefer hardcase... but again, that's just MY experience.

• I find the 'toaster' great as its easily portable from Studio to Van to Gig....

If I used the rack version it would be a lot more cumbersome to move around. I also like the ease of twisting the knobs when playing live as with a normal amp head .....

Rack looks nice and it looks really useful that it has a USB on the front.

• I guess it would depend on the dimensions of the rack mount. By the image, it's sitting on top of a cab, so might only be 12" deep? Which would be perfect for where I have my space toaster sitting right now. But since I'm a living room hero, it doesn't really matter :)

• Am I right in thinking the rack doesn't have the LED's around the tone and volume pots? That's a thing I like about the toaster - lots of lights make it look good on a dark stage so think I'll be sticking with the toaster.

• Am I right in thinking the rack doesn't have the LED's around the tone and volume pots? That's a thing I like about the toaster - lots of lights make it look good on a dark stage so think I'll be sticking with the toaster.

Looks like the rack only got leds around the gain pot.
    I like the ledz too.
    8o

• Looks like the rack only got leds around the gain pot.
    I like the ledz too.
    8o

This thing with led's confuse me a little - how team Kemper thought when designing this rackversion,
    why rackversion dont need led's and the toaster does - they both work in studio and stage and do the same job ?(