Woah

• Holy crap! I just bought Andys JCM 800. Im floored! I bought amps from Amp Factory before and was impressed with the Two Rock and Trainwreck. But its like this amp is just dialed in so good. Juicy, chewy, gritty.........it is just awesome! I cant stop playing it. You out did yourself on this amp Andy! WOW!!!!!!!!!! The only reason I bought this was because over at TGP someone posted an hour long vid of comparing Axe to Kemper. The JCM was in there. I have alot of profiles I consider favorites, but this profile has taken the top slot away from the Morgan AC 20. This amp is so dynamic and cleans up unbelievably well. Im estatic right now. Thanks Andy!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: 8o

• http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1201787

The guy playing on the video is not registered on the kemper forum. He's an amazing guitarist with an open mind regarding gear.
    He's a good friend of mine and he's basically scrolling through the profiles on my kemper and sometimes comparing with his axe-fx 2.
    The profiles have not been edited and no settings have been edited in the kemper to match his guitar.

Here's the video:
    http://youtu.be/CJEYxoMqO8g

Edited 2 times, last by Nikko ().

• http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1201787

The guy playing on the video is not registered on the kemper forum. He's an amazing guitarist with an open mind regarding gear.
    He's a good friend of mine and he's basically scrolling through the profiles on my kemper and sometimes comparing with his axe-fx 2.
    The profiles have not been edited and no settings have been edited in the kemper to match his guitar.

Here's the video:
    http://youtu.be/CJEYxoMqO8g

Thing is, he's taken months to dial in his tones on his Axe, and he's using your tones on the Kemper.
    Before his ears & fingers can be unbias, he'll have to dial in his tones on a Kemper.

You were in the room, I don't know if you heard the differences, I can hear the differences in certain tones.

• Thing is, he's taken months to dial in his tones on his Axe, and he's tuned using your tones on the Kemper.
    Before his ears & fingers can be unbias, he'll have to dial in his tones on a Kemper.

You were in the room, I don't know if you heard the differences, I can hear the differences in certain tones.

Sure there was a difference in the tone but that's not a demo nor a comparison between the KPA and the Axefx. The purpose of the video was to hear how the KPA sounds on studio monitors and for personal reference because i come from a JVM410h with 1940AX greenbacks and the KPA is my first modeller :)
    The profiles were stock and by stock i mean that they were as i download them. They have not been edied nor tuned to match my guitar nor my friend's guitar. Some people event said that the KPA sounds better on the video. :)
    Now i'm going to tune my sounds and see how it compares later :)

• Sure there was a difference in the tone but that's not a demo nor a comparison between the KPA and the Axefx. The purpose of the video was to hear how the KPA sounds on studio monitors and for personal reference because i come from a JVM410h with 1940AX greenbacks and the KPA is my first modeller :)
    The profiles were stock and by stock i mean that they were as i download them. They have not been edied nor tuned to match my guitar nor my friend's guitar. Some people event said that the KPA sounds better on the video. :)
    Now i'm going to tune my sounds and see how it compares later :)

The only stock Profiles I think I've left almost 100% un-tweaked were some of the Till's Profiles, they were perfect to my ear.
    Every other Profile I've improved a LOT with tweaking.
    So, your KPA is only running at about 80% right now, it can get at least 20% better than demoed in the video...start 'tuning' your sounds. :D

• I've always turned my mid knob down on tube amps I've owned.
    My ears just preferred the mids turned down to round about 3 or 4.

With the Kemper sometimes I turn the mids right up to 6/7/8, really thickens up the tone, makes it nice and FAT.
    If I turn up the mids so much then I'll lower the bass a little.

• I've always turned my mid knob down on tube amps I've owned.
    My ears just preferred the mids turned down to round about 3 or 4.

With the Kemper sometimes I turn the mids right up to 6/7/8, really thickens up the tone, makes it nice and FAT.
    If I turn up the mids so much then I'll lower the bass a little.

If you do that, try at the same time to reduce treble and add presence ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I've noticed that upping the bass, mids and presence do appear to get a tone close to what I'm hearing in the room with an amp. Not exact, but much closer.

I wouldn't record that way, but for noodling, it's great.

• Holy crap! I just bought Andys JCM 800. Im floored! I bought amps from Amp Factory before and was impressed with the Two Rock and Trainwreck. But its like this amp is just dialed in so good. Juicy, chewy, gritty.........it is just awesome! I cant stop playing it. You out did yourself on this amp Andy! WOW!!!!!!!!!! The only reason I bought this was because over at TGP someone posted an hour long vid of comparing Axe to Kemper. The JCM was in there. I have alot of profiles I consider favorites, but this profile has taken the top slot away from the Morgan AC 20. This amp is so dynamic and cleans up unbelievably well. Im estatic right now. Thanks Andy!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: 8o

hi jeff. is this the jcm800 hot mod you bought?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music