no frequency content above 11kHz?

• In my very personal case, the Kemper is already more than enough, because at home I always record the dry track too, to be used it with plugins (Guitar Rig, Amplitube, TH-1, etc...) or some of my old FX racks.

Believe me or not, in some case it's good enough to lay down an idea and sometimes even good enough for the final result to be commercially used. But if it's not good enough, I can just drive 20 minutes to go to the studio where I can reamp the track using some of the real amps there such the Mark V, Marshall, AC30, Twin Deluxe, Bogner Shiva, Mesa LoneStar, Rectifier, etc... What can be better than that?

So, having at home all extra gear (such the Eleven Rack, Digitech, TC Electronic, etc...) is just a bonus because I'm a "gear slut", let's admit it, I don't NEED them, it's just nice to have them. So I could have more... we can always have more, but luckily to me, I don't need it... Therefor I can take decision to not buy something to have good peace of mind about it. And it also goes in the my new resolution to reduce my rig (for many reasons I won't explain in this thread).

If you need a Philips screwdriver and you already have 3 regular Philips screwdrivers, 2 changing-head screwdriver with Philips head and even 1 electric screwdriver... you probably can choose to not buy another new screwdriver from a specific brand... even if a lot of people claim that this one has the best Philips head ever.

And now if you're building something by yourself from scratch, you can even choose to not use any Philips screws at all, and instead use some torx, or flat head screws, or whatever you like the most.

We're definitely not missing choices. And to me, the Kemper is a very efficient and affordable one. But again, it's just my personal opinion. Up to anyone to test by themselves to figure out what's best for them.

Now I'm going back to work to play with my screwdrivers ;)

• Interesting to learn that other people share my views on Fractal Audio. Cliff acts like he's doing you a favor by letting you have one of his precious products, not the kind of customer-manufacturer relationship I'm willing to pay a lot of money to get into. It seems like if you have any criticism about the AxeFX you will be faced with incredible amounts of hostility, and the behavior of the CEO has spread to his older customers and together they seem to behave like a pack of rabid dogs preying on anyone who dares say a word against their credo. It didn't take long for me to realize all this and that led me to look somewhere else, first the Eleven Rack and now the KPA. IMHO there's no merit to knowledge without kindness, therefore Fractal Audio doesn't deserve my money - not now, not ever.

• I've written this already, but I like to mention it again.
    I'm a member over the Fractal forum, and when FW 5 was out one of the fanboys wrote st. along the "I can't see how it could go any better now" line. Well, I wrote - in all serenity - st. like "you'll see, it will go on improving!", and I was wildly attached ...
    Lese-majesty is something you can't dare committing over there LOL

• Every medal has two sides. And sometimes it's helpful to see the other side as well.
    As a neutral observer (I don't know the Axe FX), I just tell you that imho it's very inappropriate
    to discuss another company and its product here over and over again.
    There's a reason why I own the KPA and why I'm registered here ... and I have no need at all to read
    all this kind of flamewar here on Kemper's forums.
    Ain't it possible to keep this forum clean and discuss all this Axe FX and Cliff horseplay on other gear related forums?

Just sayin' since I feel disturbed by this continuous rave here
    Martin

• +1,000,000

• I have to agree... to disagree (I'm with Doc on this). While I can agree that it might be unpleasant for someone, this is just a reaction to an (IMO) even worse behaviour. And people and communities also want to speculate, to comment, to criticize... this is in human nature.

OTOH, this thread has grown on a seed planted in another forum. The least you can expect is that people start talking about this seed... I don't want to sound harsh, I'm really relaxed and in good spirit, but it's easy not to read along the thread if someone finds it to be inopportune.

Last but not least, should mods believe some posts or the whole thread breaks our forum's rules, they shall close it. But I guess it's not going to happen, the discussion sounds quite civil-mannered to me as well.

Peace and axes :P

• ... in response and reaction to another attempt at FAS ...

... this is just a reaction to an (IMO) even worse behaviour ...
    ... this thread has grown on a seed planted in another forum ...

The fact that something is discussed on another forum doesn't mean, it must be a constant topic here as well. Why not react where it happens, if you feel like? This constant flaming here is no good for the KPA environment. If you feel like discussing the technical details (11kHz content), go ahead. But always mentioning some personal issues with someone from another company ... c'mon, that's not helpful at all. :)

My personal point of view is:
    It's all about technical gear and if I need a device, I just buy it. I don't need to be friends with the company's owner. So imho, there's absolutely no need to discuss personal issues in another company's product forum.

Just my couple of cents,
    Martin

• Believe me Martin, I see your point. I'm just trying to show you why some people may want to chose differently.

The things you write are correct IMO: "doesn't mean, it must be a constant topic here", and "that's not helpful at all". But the point is, that such threads are not meant to be necessary nor to help anything! IOW, they respond IMO to a "sense of ephemeral" (sorry, this is an Italian expression I can't translate better. Quite sure it's wrong, but I believe you got the point ;) ) which is always present in a community.

I know, each of us would like to see the world shaped after ourselves, if nothing else because we believe that certain things are better than others. But you'll always meet people who think differently.
    If it were for me no-one would smoke, no-one would produce or buy garbage food or watch garbage TV programs... But what's garbage for me might be good material for others...

• ....well OTOH you can neither ask other peoples to avoid arguments just because it disturbs you. We are all fully grown male individuals here (to my knowledge, at least) and each is responsible for what he writes.
    Nothing personal, just my opinion. ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• it's pretty much impossible to follow the topics here without reading these flames over and over again.

Impossible to follow all the other topics because of a few flame posts on one in every hundred threads?
    C'mon, that's a bit over the top don't you think?

Is this thread considered a "Topic" by you, a topic of importance?
    The threads in response to a lie, how can we answer/post in any other way but comedic?

• So you're basically asking me to leave this forum, because it's pretty much impossible to follow the topics here without reading these flames over and over again. Thanks for the fish.

That is unnecessary drama, nowhere did I tell you to leave this forum, just to skip reading whatever disturbs you. Asking others to stop posting stuff you don't like, given they're written in a civil an well-mannered way, is not well seen, at least from me. It reminds me of censorship and I have the strongest possible feelings against that.

• Hey guys, correct me if Im wrong. There was a time I was looking to build a guitar cabinet, and looked into a lot of speakers to go with it. Most speakers I looked at had realistic frequency ranges of between 100-5Khz (8Khz max). I ended up buying a tiny 15 watter tube amp and cabinet - which is pretty cool
    actually (Vox NT15). Again, Celestions with a frequency range of 100-5K.

Now I cannot recall any real guitar cab with horn tweeters or any such thing. Why would a 'guitar amp modeler' need to put out anything over 10K is beyond me.

Could someone please explain why? Im trying to figure out if this is such a big deal anyway?

• So you're basically asking me to leave this forum, because it's pretty much impossible to follow the topics here without reading these flames over and over again. Thanks for the fish.

From what I've read from Deny he seems a stand up sort of chap - I really don't think that's the message here. It's a forum and we're free to discuss all sort of things without censorship. There will always be this ingroup and outgroup pattern of opinions in society. Just 'over here' there's more humour to it and 'elsewhere' is a little more like... you criticise our product and we'll run naked through your camp and ranshack your huts.
    I hope you stay here lightbox and perhaps grab a pitchfork and a burning torch and join us as we get naked and paint giant Kemper logos all over their camp. and continue to post and contribute like you have. Stay groovy :thumbup:

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs