Synthesizer sounds in Kemper

• C.Cemper know how to make synths, what about Synthesizer sounds in Kemper? I been using guitarsynths for decades and Roland GR is not improving much. Cool to have everything in a lunchbox. :)

• Monophonic pitch to midi (one note only) is rarely useful and that's what you get with a standard guitar signal converted to midi.....until now. A company called JamOrigin just released a beta software that can decode standard guitar signal into polyphonic midi (chords). If CK could do something like that.....Wow, what a game changer that would be!

Analog synthesis of the guitar signal is a different approach. This is more akin to effects that alter a guitar sound. I think CK will add some "synthy" effects going forward.

Since CK is an excellent synth maker, perhaps a pitch to midi function is within his realm. If the yet to be released Fishman TriplePlay wireless guitar to midi converter is a hit, perhaps it would be a good time for Kemper to jump in!

bd

• Not so long ago I would have figured this to be impossible. However,that was before the KPA, which I would never have dreamed of either. If anyone can do it, CK can, and I would love to see it, though I would expect that it would require more powerful hardware ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yes, there are ways for clever musicians with great ears, and an outstanding sense of tone, to imitate synthesizer-type sounds. I'm not clever enough to do that to a convincing degree. No doubt the future holds some advances in this area, and I'm eager to see what's next. 8o

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Even though I have a long history of using non-guitar sounds, and the idea of "everything in one box" is appealing, I think the Kemper's processing power is best reserved for its amplifiers, and secondarily to mainstream guitar/studio effects. There are plenty of existing synths to choose from, but only one Profiler (OK - four, but they are all the same inside!)

I wouldn't be surprised if more effects come along - There are already new effects since I did VowelCelloDooSynth with filters and vowel wahs. The Shapers also have a lot of potential for analog synth sounds.

If Kemper ever decides to reinvent Pitch to MIDI in a separate product that works with all of the Roland GK pickups in the world (something the Fishman doesn't do), sign me up for the waiting list :)

• Even though I have a long history of using non-guitar sounds, and the idea of "everything in one box" is appealing, I think the Kemper's processing power is best reserved for its amplifiers, and secondarily to mainstream guitar/studio effects. There are plenty of existing synths to choose from, but only one Profiler (OK - four, but they are all the same inside!)

I wouldn't be surprised if more effects come along - There are already new effects since I did VowelCelloDooSynth with filters and vowel wahs. The Shapers also have a lot of potential for analog synth sounds.

Agreed :)

• :thumbup:

• Midi guitar using hex pickups needs to use 6 seperate midi channels, 1 per string. I got really excited by CK's Virus Snow synth.... until I read the manual. It only accepts 4 seperate channels simultaneously. :( Its no big deal for keyboard users but a deal breaker for guitar to midi guys like me. Maybe I misinterpreted the manual. If CK could clarify, I'd love to give one a try.

Yes, you can run in Poly mode (all on one midi channel) but pitch bend data gets garbled with all the currently available pitch to midi converters so Mono mode (6 channel midi) is best.

The standard guitar to midi software JamOrigin doesn't support pitch bend yet..... but it's beta and pretty impressive!

bd

• I have been using guitarsynth for a long time, and I love the old analog guitarsynth from Roland GR-300 and GR-700.Im using a GR-300,700 and 707. and the GR-33. The VG8 also have some synth but not much, mostly guitar sound. The gr-300,700,33 and VG8 All have different tech. the good feel on GR-300 was gone in the newer synth when they start to use sampling and midi.Roland have the technologi now to make a real good guitarsynth using modelling with GKpickup but they dont seem to want to because they want to sell the GR-sampling synth that not have a good feel. The newest V Guitar-5 , big dissapointning becouse it just have one synth sound but this triger like a real guitar and verry fast. Way cant they make a real good one with analog sounds, not sampling maybe modeling. Sounds like Mini moog,Oberheim, jxp,virus. Im playing in a trio and like to experience with sounds like that. The Line6 Pod had a expansion, model pack with some synthsound that works but are monophonics, but this was 5 years ago and nothing new happend. I would love to see Ckemper make some real good Synthsounds in Kemper working for us Guitarplayers, that trigger as fast . I dont care so much about the midi part. Cant wait to play a mini moog solo, that trigger like a guitar with my band live.