Buying Tomorrow, need advice on amps

• Well tomorrow is the day I place my order with zzounds for a nice new sparkly Kemper! I'm so excited to get this gear. My question to all you advanced users is what amps (FREE) would you recommend downloading from the rig exchange to really get the "holy sh*!" experience? I know I want to get the Marshall Golub, Ola Rectifier and the Caveman. Any other awesome standouts I should get? I do plan on buying some commercial packs from Andy in the future, but this is breaking the bank as is for the moment.Any advice is greatly appreciated! :thumbup:

• I like all tones, I do love high gain, but also want some really killer clean blues and glassy tones and classic rock gain as well.Well just the best of the best of the best of all tones. 8o Did I mention I'm excited 8o ? Actually just found your thread on profiles of the year Chris! That will help alot

• As a new Kemper user I can tell you that your excitement will not be in vain.

Within 15 minutes of plugging your guitar in it, you will be literally flabbergasted by your Kemper.

It is, by far, THE best piece of music gear I have ever bought. Not even a glimpse of an afterthought.

Sorry about all the edits... Mobile phone dictionary creativity at work...

• Best advice I can give you is to be patient at first...you'll love it immediately, but you'll only understand it after a week or two or three.

Chris's thread on Profiles of the year is a definite.
    Don't miss Andy's FREE Profiles, there are some killer tones in there.

• For Blues download the profiles from Pacocito, don't miss the profiles from sheguitarplayer and Till's cabs.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I know you said free... but the JCM800 from and44 (theampfactory) is the best profile in the world. :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• There's a clean JTM30 in the free profiles that consistently blows my mind. There's so much character to it, but it's incredibly subtle and transparent at the same time. I wish I were in front of my amp so I could be more specific. But check out the clean Marshalls for sure. I was never a Marshall fan before owning the Kemper, but it's been a learning experience. I now realize that I never played a Marshall as nice as some of the specific units that were profiled for the KPA.

As for high-gain stuff, there are too many profiles to know where to begin, especially in the traditional, moderately high-gain vein, e.g. Mesa's, modded and artist-specific JCMs etc. etc. etc. If you're looking for something completely over the top though, download and try the "Framus Cemetary" profile. Crazy metal.

Also be aware that there are as many "bad" profiles as good ones. The KPA will deliver only so far as the original amp, mic setup, etc. did, so don't expect every profile to knock your socks off.

P.S. As with any hardware he owns, be sure to check out any profiles by Bill Ruppert. He's posted some awesome little "character amps", some impressive efforts to capture organ tones, and so on.

• Hi & enjoy , I highly recommand : EVH2 (best lead high gain ) / Cream JTA 45 (best vintage Marshall like ) / Dream Delay from free rig pack from Andy (best free fender ever for me) / Carvin legacy / Boogie TA (transatlanctic) / Harlequin 10:00 (mighty cleans)

all these are free ones

Don't forget to tweak a lot with the gain (lots of hi gain sound great at low gain for instance ) and amp parameters & Cabs.

1st thing to do when u receive the kpa : set your input sense right & adjust the EQ for main outs to suit your monitors / amp ... (master button)

• My favorite free profiles that I can remember right now are:

Morgan AC20 - BTW don't be afraid to tweak this one as it is hugely versatile covering pretty much anything south of metal.
    JCM SLASH (Eric Stam) - Nice modern Marshall tone dialed in a little warmer.
    DUMBLE 1978 OD - This one is rather interesting, try the cab with some other amps, its mid focus character can be really cool.
    Henriksen 112extJAZZ - If you want artchtop jazz clean, this profile is fantastic.

• I'll raise a studded, gloved hand in salute of the Marshall Golub profile.
    But also check out Pete's site (Member search: okstrat) for some cracking stuff.
    Obviously blow a chunk of change on Andy's Amp factory profiles (And44).
    Oh and check out Will Chen's headphone tip...
    Lastly: Check out everything everyone else has already said here - not a bad tip among them.
    Enjoy your new groovy box of magic. :thumbup:

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• If you're talking about the "Top Boost" Profile, it's fantastic.

Yes, that's the one, of course. Comes in different mic flavours and one has the top boost and normal channel bridged for extra raumchiness.
    KPA is in the case right now on my way to rehearsal, so I can't look.

• My favorite free profiles that I can remember right now are:

Morgan AC20 - BTW don't be afraid to tweak this one as it is hugely versatile covering pretty much anything south of metal.
    JCM SLASH (Eric Stam) - Nice modern Marshall tone dialed in a little warmer.
    DUMBLE 1978 OD - This one is rather interesting, try the cab with some other amps, its mid focus character can be really cool.
    Henriksen 112extJAZZ - If you want artchtop jazz clean, this profile is fantastic.

Funny, so we have a HUGE overlap here as I also use the JCM Slash a lot for more rough edge.
    I could use your profiler anytime and feel at home.
    ;)