Studio Monitors

• I have HS50M and a HS10W which are OK, but somehow only OK to me. Great for mixing, but missing something if you play a Kemper through them.

I have Mackie MR8's which I think are better than the KRK's, but I haven't heard the larger Yamaha.

Point is, I think you should get an 8" cone solution for your monitors in any decision you make.

As an aside, I took one MR8 to a friends house to play the Kemper through and it shoot the walls and overpowered his monitors and can keep up with an amp to some extent. I was amazed at how much the bass stayed tight through such high decibels.

Active 8" Monitors.

• I,m using Adam A7 in studio, Mackie srm450 on arenas and too reverberating big concert halls with Shure IEM system together, but my favorite is the little TC Electronics VSM, because it,s sound good, it,s louder enough for small to mid scenes and I need my ears for studio work and making music... :)
    I must to say that my studio monitors, the Adam A7s are not good sounding enough for Kemper. They sound very sterile on the high range, very unpleasant, but I like them for mixing all kind of music and they are ideal for professional studio works.

• Hi there

I have acces to 2 home studios in my house :) In one I have the yamaha HS80. Very good sound in my opinion with the KPA. However, I have also Behringer B1031A monitors. THey cost around 300 Euro (set of 2) and have a lot of volume, bass and great sound. For this price nothing but amazing. Very good quality, too

Just my 2cents
    sacapuntas

• The Behringer TRUTH's are cheap and a lot better than their reputation IMHO.

Once you're used to them it is easy to be consistent in your mixing results.

And they sound good with the KPA!

+1 on the Behringers. I have the 2031As stuffed in a 4x12 cabinet shell. I'm looking for a used pair of the 2030As to sit on top of my studio desk. They are very neutral and capture the rich tones emanating from my Kemper very well with no apparent coloring whatsoever.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• I have the 2031As stuffed in a 4x12 cabinet shell.

That´s a great idea, can you post some pics? I just imagine 2 or 3 pairs of 3031s replacing my tube poweramp + 4 x 12. The FRFRs i heard so far were not so great, since i wanted the sound of studio monitors, just with a higher volume to be used in a rehearsal situation. Using separate studio monitors could be a very portable and modular solution.

Anybody ever did something like that?

• +1 on the Behringer Truth 2031A's. They offer performance way above their price range. I've had a pair in my studio for 6 years. They can reach ridiculous volume levels. If they had grills and durable covering, I'd gig with them. Putting them in an enclosure is a clever idea.

bd