1.6.0 Release: Update has failed! There was a problem reading update data (Update: solved with lost data)

• Actually I can't update do 1.6.0 release, 1.6.0 public beta worked fined. The KPA unpacks the 1.6.0 release update-data and updates the firmware until 99% progress. Then the Message "Update has failed! There was a problem reading update data" appears. Actually there are 868 rigs stored in the KPA. Is any solution for this problem available? - Thanx in advance.

Edited once, last by CUBE ().

• Yes, I tried several sticks, the error repeats. While updating firmware the KPA-displey shows the progress steps "Unpacking data", "applying update data" and "finalizing". The error occurs at the end of the finalizing-stage (at 99%). I can't belive that this is really a read-error on the USB-device, to me it seems to be a checksum- or interpretor-error. Still hoping for a conclusion.
    ?(

• Hey,

I had the same issue yesterday. What firmware are you on - 1.60 beta? I downgraded to 1.54 and installed 1.60 release version from there. It worked (almost) flawlessly ;)

Regards,
    gitarrenteufel

• gitarrenteufel:

Thank you, your tip hits bull-eye - it worked. But unfortunately I lost all settings of the new ducking-parameter in the rigs that I edited under 1.6.0 beta :evil:
    Guess I better get my hands off the beta-versions in the future ...

EOC

• But unfortunately I lost all settings of the new ducking-parameter in the rigs that I edited under 1.6.0 beta

I can't imagine any way how this should happen. Can you really reproduce this? Updates don't touch the Rigs at all. You can't loose single parameters in the Rigs except you are editing them in an older firmware.

Timo

• gitarrenteufel:

Thank you, your tip hits bull-eye - it worked. But unfortunately I lost all settings of the new ducking-parameter in the rigs that I edited under 1.6.0 beta :evil:
    Guess I better get my hands off the beta-versions in the future ...

EOC

The ducking settings don't get lost during the downgrade to any older version without ducking e. g. 1.5.4 Release and following upgrade to 1.6.0 Release.

Obviously you cannot access these settings in 1.5.4 and immediately after first boot of 1.6.0 the initial rig buffer shows ducking <0.0>, because that rig buffer is a left over of the firmware before upgrade. But as soon as you load any rig, you will see, that those settings were captured in the rig files.

Generelly we suggest to initiate a backup before any upgrade. :thumbup: