Profiles of classic sounds

• I would like that they have successfully cloned (although this is always subjective .....) some classic sound (stairway to heaven, time, money, Hotel California, Panama, etcccccccccccccc ........) what share in a separate post of others.

It is a good idea?

:)

• I would like that they have successfully cloned (although this is always subjective .....) some classic sound (stairway to heaven, time, money, Hotel California, Panama, etcccccccccccccc ........) what share in a separate post of others.

It is a good idea?

:)

Despite the issue of having to match the guitar as well, the biggest problem with these types of things is most people wouldn't like the sound anyway. There have been a great many cases in which someone has secretly posted the actual tracks from famous recordings on forums and asked people to judge them and there is always tons of criticism about them sound thin/harsh/digital/etc. These sounds were created to work within a mix and are typically not what guitarists want to hear when playing alone.

• Despite the issue of having to match the guitar as well, the biggest problem with these types of things is most people wouldn't like the sound anyway. There have been a great many cases in which someone has secretly posted the actual tracks from famous recordings on forums and asked people to judge them and there is always tons of criticism about them sound thin/harsh/digital/etc. These sounds were created to work within a mix and are typically not what guitarists want to hear when playing alone.

Exactly. In most cases you would be suprised how narrow bandwith guitars have in the whole frequency spectrum of a professional recording.
    Keywords here are: lots of bass cut and focused mids, especially when there are more guitars going.

• +1

I have the 24 tracks that were used for the mixdown of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and when we had a discussion here some months ago about "a good AC30 Queen like profile" I was already tempted to post a snippet of the original version. People are usually very suprised if they hear such parts singled out.

Back then they would record the sound already with the mix in mind and they would set up the mics in way they don't need to do much later. That stuff mixes itself, basically you just bring up the faders. Today there's a lot more processing going on but that doesn't change the actual matter of the guitarsounds in a mix being vastly different from what people think is coming out of the amps.

That also goes for other instruments. I have the multitracks from Peter Gabriels shock the monkey, not one of us and games without frontiers. Although they already bounced many effects and it is not really the raw sound, it is very interesting to see how unspectacular the single synth tracks sound. It is very plain jane until you stack them up to a huge layer. Frankly, those were Prophet 5 and Synclavier tracks, the best and most expensive you could go for but nobody would want those in a todays synthesizer.

And the guitars of David Rhodes and Robert Fripp on those tracks also sound pretty unimpressive until you hear it in the mix, then it's great.

• I have forgotten the most important point I wanted to make:

For the classic tracks the OP mentioned we have many if not all ingredients already in the KPA:

Stairway to heaven was a Tele and a Supro. Andy from theampfactory.com has a supro that sounds quite like Stairway if I use a vintage Tele.

Hotel California was a Tweed Deluxe. It was slightly modified at the frontend resulting in a bit more gain and is said to catch fire on a regular basis ;) We do have tweed Deluxes in the KPA. Armin and Andy both have some nice tweed Fenders, I think both even have Deluxes. Put a TS in front of it and Hotel California should work alright.

TIme and Money were HiWatt and Andy has loads of great Hiwatt profiles. Just a Strat plugged straight in, that's about it. The only thing that doesn't quite work for me is the Tremolo guitar sound in Money. The KPAs trem just isn't juicy enough for that sound.

So in a nutshell:

If you know how the originals were made it is already perfectly possible to recreate the sounds with the Kemper (minus the processing in the mix of course).

• I understand what you have said. Although the English translation is difficult for me ........ :(

My intention was that the samples made with the Kemper using abacking ( for example Time ), be accompanied by its respective profile.
    The name in one case it was unchanged. If the profile was modified, the new profile with the modifications.

There are a few samples of this type in the forum. Only proposed grouping. If the listener is interested can sign in using information or profile. If you do not like, it's over.

By proposing this?
    This Saturday marks one year my grandson. I'll play two or three songs from Pink Floyd.
    I have limited time available (work, family ....). Then I thought how nice it would be to have profiles that will point, for example, another brick in the wall. Profiles that some fellow website owner has used a sample of that song. If I liked the sound, I proved it. Nothing more. :)

Greetings to all!

• +1

I have the 24 tracks that were used for the mixdown of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and when we had a discussion here some months ago about "a good AC30 Queen like profile" I was already tempted to post a snippet of the original version. People are usually very suprised if they hear such parts singled out.

I recall how we talked and guessed wildly around on how this sound of Brian May was done back then. The far Out solution we thought was some Kind of a Synthesizer... But 24 tracks? 8o

• Just Nick had an interesting post about guitar sounds in a mix not that long ago. I don't think it was greatly appreciated among the TGP community, but I certainly thought it was insightful.