Is this normal fizz? My ears or digital distortion

• Thanks for your help.
    Morgan Dual 40 Clean, it's one of Andy44's profiles from The Amp Factory.
    Guitar is a custom Telecaster, neck pickup, it's a Lindy Fralin vintage (so passive and low output, by no means I'm going to clip the input with something like this). Guitar is direct in the KPA. Clean sense is at 3.5.
    Firmware it's the latest, 1.6, but I also tried to downgrade to 1.5 with no improvements.
    I also tried system reset, flash format and reinit, reinstalling from USB. Nothing changed.

Had the same issue and solved it by using a full factory reset as per the WiKPA unofficial manual 'Tips & Tricks for the KPA (wiKPA) - For those who want to get to know their KPA far above what's in the manuals :)'
    A&E

Make sure you do a backup first!

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• By "full factory reset" what do you mean? I tried system reset (holding system on boot) and flash reset (holding the first button over the screen on boot). Is that procedure different?

Had the same issue and solved it by using a full factory reset as per the WiKPA unofficial manual 'Tips & Tricks for the KPA (wiKPA) - For those who want to get to know their KPA far above what's in the manuals :)'
    A&E

Make sure you do a backup first!

• sorry didn't see your reply at the top of the earlier post - yes it is the flash reset - I am quite certain I was having the same issues - the wiKPA manual has the method to follow.But it did seem to cure all the noise and artifact issues I was hearing.My kemper is a month old and came with the latest firmware.Hope it works for you.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• In another post, someone mention it could be a fault of the "pick" parameter, I'll check my profile to see if it's set too high...hope that's the case, because I tried two times the flash reset procedure, and the problem persists.

• I'm experiencing this also (same as CallHope post 18 wav file... the low-level spitty garbage in the tails of the chords), and it is in a clean channel profile I took, where the resulting KPA profile has that digital fizz in the tails of chords, but the same amp sound recorded direct to my DAW does not have the problem.

Edited once, last by harmonic ().

• Ok, happy news.
    The nasty artifact is definitively caused by the "pick" parameter. And beware, not only if it's pushed, it happens even in the negative course of the pot: you'll have to set this at 0.0 (effectively bypassing it I guess). For example, in my profile it was set at -3.5.
    Harmonic, please let us know if this solves your problem too, so we can definitively sort this to an end.