Response to Volume

• why dont rigs respond to my guitar volume like say the 11R does?

is it a setting i should be using?

for example, a clean patch wont get dirty with higher guitar volume or a distorted one barely cleans up at all on rolling back my guitar volume.

• Strange for the less... I have the total opposite experience, everything respond very well to my guitar volume. Maybe you have a too high distortion sense setting? ?(

I use Bill Ruppert's German Fuzz preset which doesn't clean up at all. But I'm using it for an out of control exploding fuzz type of tone. I've played quite a few very high gain profiles which do not respond well. But the "good" profile are very reactive.

• Definitely. I know the fuzz profile you mention and I wouldn't necessarily expect that to clean well either.

I rarely have my volume knob static for long (or on 10 for that matter), the best tones and in between clean/dirty tones are found with a profile that cleans up well and this gives you lots of flexibility.

I use Bill Ruppert's German Fuzz preset which doesn't clean up at all. But I'm using it for an out of control exploding fuzz type of tone. I've played quite a few very high gain profiles which do not respond well. But the "good" profile are very reactive.

• I don't know if the Clean or Distortion sensors are set right. I don't know how to set them.

You have to admit, the manual is very light on details.

I still can't get my SPDIF stuff working on any of my recorders (Akai DPS24, or Presonus Firepod to PC using Reaper) and nothing online has helped me figure out how to trouble shoot it.

But that's off-topic. I'll play with it more tonight. It seemed that it's way less responsive than my amp, so I have to go from 10->1 to get a "clean" on most patches requiring me to UP the Kempers Volume.

But I've not played with it much, just something I did once or twice. I'll work it more. Good to hear you guys are getting good response. That means it's a setting or *GHAST* uh me!

• First, I'm a newbie, so don't read my posts as criticism, but instead as reaching out for help to learn how to tame this truly amazing product.

To answer your Question:
    SPDIF:
    I couldn't find any info on setting up SPDIF. Didn't know it's Hz, whether it was a Master/Slave, should I hook up only the Kemper OUT to the Recorder/Sound Card IN or hook up both because they needed to communicate. Etc.
    PROFILE:
    I couldn't find enough information on how to get a CLEAN profile. My profiles keep coming back "DISTORTION" and I've not been able to play with GAIN or VOLUME to force a CLEAN profile.

INPUTS/OUTPUTS:
    I couldn't find info on how to set inputs and outputs (like check the SPDIF boxes for both IN/OUT, or what's the relationship between the Master OUT and the Main VOLUME. Or what are the various settings on the outs: Stereo, Mono, gif?, etc I don't know what some of those mean.

If those are in the manual and I missed them, I apologize. I do have a habit of skimming as there is no Index.

The manual is, I think the word is, Spartan. Short, Sweet, but not Deep. Now, in the Kemper's defense, it is the most intuitive piece of hardware I've ever used. And I truly have NEVER spend this much time learning how to use a piece of equipment. Why? Because I've been smiling for 3 weeks since owning it and my interest level is very high in learning all it's aspects.

I've tried SEARCH on the Kemper forum, but most of the information doesn't apply, so I find it more applicable to search GOOGLE, even if it points back to the Kemper forum!

So part of what I want is technical & setup, but part may fall into the category of "Tutorial" as well.

• Ummmm...you sure you read the manual? The basic manual is ~60 pages long and the reference manual ~80...

• Hold the Horses.

This thing came with TWO manuals?

Let me go home and check the packaging in case I missed something...

Aren't there link to digital manuals online here? I'll check them too.

• Wait, it's ONLY electronic?

How in God's Creation is a person to know that? Or did it say that in the other manual?

Maybe comprehension in reading isn't my strong point, but seriously, that would have been nice to have WITH the unit. Or a BIG fat piece of paper telling you to look online.

I've been doing all this stuff blind. Well, it IS a very intuitive unit. Thanks so much.

• The reference manual is only electronic

I thought my Kemper came with both manuals. And it did come with another sheet informing buyers the unit is often updated and to check the website for more information.

• My problem is being old fashioned. I expected a manual that explains what the product is to be IN the product.

But I realize that with a digital product, that continually experiences upgrades, this "model" of a printed manual doesn't make sense.

You would need continual updates with new releases. So a PDF in the support section makes sense.

That said, the reference manual still doesn't have much on SPDIF. So what am I missing? Is SPDIF something that you should just know about outside of any particular product? Like MIDI?

• Not much to know apart that is 44.1 and master clock. The rest of the setup is depending on your Interface/DAW

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• In the Box, I got a manual guide in English/German and one in Spanish/French

A piece of paper about dangers, mostly electrical.

That was it. It would be nice to have something make a larger point that an in depth guide was online. In large type. Bold. On a small card taped to the instrument! ;)