Favorites Folder Problem

• I went and deleted all of what was in my Favorites Folder, so I could start fresh.

What was in there was by accident, I didn't know how to use the RIG button, etc.

Anyway, I deleted everything and then went to my Quick folder, selected a rig, exited to the main screen, pressed "Rig" and held it until I got a message saying it was saved.

There was an entirely different rig in Favorites.

I deleted it, went to Quick, added a few. All said they were saved. I went back to Favorites, same single patch.

Something is wrong there, I'm pretty sure. Has this been addressed or seen by others?

• The Quick function cannot be assigned to Favourites, only to Snapshots. Check the Snapshots list.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I have QUICK shortcut to where SNAPSHOTS are saved.

When I had 45 rigs in my FAVORITES, I found that some rigs were tied to each other. For example, I had one of Andy44's rigs called Bassman Clean that I turned up the gain on and called it Bassman Clean+. When I chose one of them and held RIG, it went to FAVORITES. When I chose the other and held RIG it took the former rig back out. As if both rigs were actually shortcuts to the same rig. Even though I did a SAVE AS on STOREing it.

So I took everything out of FAVORITES. To start off fresh.

I went to QUICK for my SNAPSHOTS and chose a rig, lets call it AA. AA did not go to FAVORITES, another rig entirely called PP went. I went to favorite and deleted PP. I pressed QUICK and went to rig BB and held the RIG button until it said it was saved to FAVORITES. I did that for another 2 rigs, say BB and RR. Went back to FAVORITES and you know what was there? Only PP!!

Something about saving to FAVORITES from SNAPSHOTS doesn't work correctly. And some rigs, even when STORE'd with SAVE AS are not stored in such a way they they have separate pointers when it comes to assigning to FAVORITES by holding down the RIG button.

I'm on 1.6 Beta. So I'll put on the Public Release and see if that still happens.

• Something about saving to FAVORITES from SNAPSHOTS doesn't work correctly.

That is right, because you're not supposed to do it. If you want to do that you must first save the snapshot as a new rig. Favourite is just a bookmark (it uses your username) of an exixsting Rig, a snapshot is just a temporary copy of a rig at the actual setting, and cannot be set as favourite.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I never hit the SNAPSHOT button unless I've STOREd the rig.

Since my QUICK button is a shortcut to my SNAPSHOTS, I would choose QUICK, then choose a rig, then hit EXIT so I was on the main page, THEN I would hold the RIG button to store it to FAVORITES.

That was where I noticed some rigs, separately STOREd were pointing to the same thing when it came to the FAVORITEs folder.

Another anomaly was DELETE in the FAVORITES. When I had 45 in there, and went to sequentially delete from the last rig on backwards, they would magically reappear!

The ONLY way I could successfully delete rigs was to move 2 rigs back in my FAVORITES folder, hit delete, move 2 rigs forward, hit delete, move 2 rigs back or more, hit delete, and so on. That worked.

So maybe I'll try this: Quick->Snapshot->Exit Now I have a chosen rig on the main screen. THEN I'll move the Browse button off to another rig, and select it. Then move it back to the original rig. THEN hold the RIG button and see if it stores properly. I have Autoload set to ON.

• yes, there is a bug. If you load rig A and then enter Browse Snapshots, select snapshot B, go back to main page, you see B, which isn't a rig yet, because you havn't stored it as a rig. But the software allows you to set the Favourite flag and rig A becomes a Favourite, which you currently don't see anymore. Again the issue is, before you havn't stored this snapshot as a rig you shouldn't be able to set Favourite. We'll fix this in a future firmware.

Be aware, that you can only declare rigs to favourites not snapshots.