The first Atomic CLR test from a KPA user ?

• I was hopin to here a review in a band situation. I'm a little hesitant about the weight, but if it sounds great and can be used with a band at a gig, I'll deal with the weight. I almost bought a Mackie DLM12 (coax) but decided to hols off for the CLR. thanks for the review ( and for adding to my financial demise :D )

As the users report (see for example the posts at TGP and Fractal forums) they work great on stage. He sound coherence with large dispersion pattern, the wide amplitude response and the DSP presets make them very versatile, and the bandmates will hear you better and at a lower (if needed) stage volume.

• I am really wondering though if the difference is really that noticeable? I mean, people can say it's the greatest thing but until I get a chance to hear one, I am still in the area of wondering. Its impossible to tell from youtube vids out there. I know that this is a completely new thing with Atomic and the concept behind it makes total sense but at the end of the day, if I can use something that is cheaper and still works adequately for me, then I'm ok with that. I can use that extra 3-400$ elsewhere. You are still at the mercy of FOH when playing live anyways so it just a stage thing here. I'm still thinking I may go with the Mackie HD1221 or the Yamaha DXR12 as I can get either of these at a very good discount.

• I am really wondering though if the difference is really that noticeable? I mean, people can say it's the greatest thing but until I get a chance to hear one, I am still in the area of wondering. Its impossible to tell from youtube vids out there. I know that this is a completely new thing with Atomic and the concept behind it makes total sense but at the end of the day, if I can use something that is cheaper and still works adequately for me, then I'm ok with that. I can use that extra 3-400$ elsewhere. You are still at the mercy of FOH when playing live anyways so it just a stage thing here. I'm still thinking I may go with the Mackie HD1221 or the Yamaha DXR12 as I can get either of these at a very good discount.

These are exactly my thoughts!
    I own the Yamaha DXR 10 which also great sounding, has a wide dispersion, different presets for use as cab, wedge and even with a sub.
    In the end my own curiosity will win and I'll have to A/B them side by side.
    The result will either be a 'de-mystification' of the CLR's achievements or an 'alright, it's really noticeably better' experience.

• 'i hear ya'll. 'bout time that these clrs hit germany for proper ab-ing. i'm more than curious how the'll compare to my trusty tt 25 sma. in my case it's the other way round, i'd love to like them, because they're way cheaper... 8|

• I am really wondering though if the difference is really that noticeable?

At the end of the day, if I can use something that is cheaper and still works adequately for me, then I'm ok with that.

Well, these seem to me two different things. Basically, I'd answer "yes" to both your implicit questions!

Of course one spends their money where they feel most comfortable. But, in terms of technology, implementation, innovation, the CLR are no doubt a very strong product. I'm not basing this on clips (which make no sense IMO) but on a number of concurrent facts, and on opinions by people I take in strong consideration.

I know it's silly to write such a thing, but the chance that they sound better than any cab in their price segment - and than most cabs costing much more - is quite high. :whistling:

• Did anybody from Europe already get a CLR? If yes:

1. How much did you pay?
    2. Is it shipped from the US or is there an european partner?
    3. What about Tax and customs?

Is there something new about how we can buy it from Europe/Germany? Maybe some insider knowledge?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Did anybody from Europe already get a CLR? If yes:

1. How much did you pay?
    2. Is it shipped from the US or is there an european partner?
    3. What about Tax and customs?

Is there something new about how we can buy it from Europe/Germany? Maybe some insider knowledge?

+1

• I am really wondering though if the difference is really that noticeable?

It's about as noticeable as the difference between these 2 pictures:

[Blocked Image: http://www.cavision.com/filters/types/LowContrast.jpg]

Listening through my K10 was like listening through the right "filter" (I realize that the right picture is actually without a filter, but humor me). The highs (whites) were overly prominent, so I was fooled into turning down the presence and treble (darkening). Trouble is, if I'm running direct I'm sending an overly dark signal to FOH. Yes, the PA system could be crappy and coloring the sound in its own way, but at least using the CLR I have some confidence in the rigs I've programmed as a foundation. If I'd never heard the CLR I would have certainly happily gotten by with the K10, but I'm glad I don't have to.

• Not really familiar with Atomics stuff but I'm looking for a new powered wedge possibilities to befriend my Kemper.. Apologies for my ignorance, but what's the go with availability of the CLR's? I just checked out their site and am a little mystified by the "reserve yours today" thing..

I currently use a QSC K12 which I've been ok with, but my singer recently offered to buy it and offered close to what I paid (used) .. Never hurts to look at other options and I like what I'm hearing from you guys with the CLR's..

I'm in the U.S.. Are they/will they be available here?

Thanks..

• You'll have to join a list, as the site says. But it might end up being your best purchase along with the KPA... :thumbup:

If you want to know more, TGP and the Fractal forums have lots of fhreads about them.

• From another forum, posted there 03/17/2013: "Got a message from Tom King, he was in the UK getting the first batch ready for shipment..."

• I'm on the reserve list now. This is what Tom King mailed me:

"Your CLR will ship from the UK. VAT will apply but shipping will be very affordable (around 20 EUR)."

• I'm on the reserve list now. This is what Tom King mailed me:

"Your CLR will ship from the UK. VAT will apply but shipping will be very affordable (around 20 EUR)."

I'm on the reserve list since March, 9.
    I haven't yet got a notification...
    Warum schreibt er dir und nicht mir?? :?:

• I'm on the reserve list since March, 9.
    I haven't yet got a notification...
    Warum schreibt er dir und nicht mir?? :?:

I got my notification half an hour after I mailed him, that I want to be
    on the reserve list. Then I mailed again and asked him about shipping
    and an european partner. 15 minutes later I got an answer... :)

@ Ingolf: Ich wohne in der Hauptstadt, du nur in Hamburg. :D