The first Atomic CLR test from a KPA user ?

• fwiw: i have the clr active cab for a few weeks now and concluded to keep it. it sounds pretty good for the money & it's loud enough for me... i sold my RCF TT25-SMA used, so with one clr i have about 1.000€ left for booze... 8o

• I don't know. Due to the fact, that the Active Cab is in stock, I hope next week...

I was in the european list for an Active Cab since March 21th and no news so far...

Bought a Matrix and I'm happy with the solution because, with the Matrix, I can use an FRFR or a guitar cab.

• Bought a Matrix and I'm happy with the solution because, with the Matrix, I can use an FRFR or a guitar cab.

Also a good and versatile solution! But I want a setup as simple as possible. And I like the fact, that I can play electric and acoustic guitar through the CLR plus monitoring my background-singing.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• My active cab is on it's way! :D
    Question to those, who already own a CLR: Do you use a speaker cable or a normal instrument/mic cable for the connection KPA ---> CLR?

• Most recent facebook update from Mr Atomic.. had almost given up hope!

"CLR production for North America is complete and in transit to Atomic’s CT warehouse with a mid-month delivery date. We were delayed for about 8 days waiting for the correct packing material (of all things) but that is well behind us now.
    Once we’ve restocked we’ll start sending out Reserve List invitations in the order in which they received. The current batch is large and should get us through most of the existing list.

We have more production currently in progress for Europe, Australia and North America that is coming right on the heels of this next batch so wait times should be greatly reduced or eliminated in weeks not months following.Once again, to all of you waiting, thank you so much for your support, continued interest and patience.

The wait is nearly over!-TK"

• Has anyone compared the new CLR series to the Reactor series?

Seeing that the CLR is so small compared to the Reactor series, doesn't the CLR sound boxy?

No direct comparison, but I have owned two Reactors before the CLR.
    The CLR is much more true to the tone, doesn't squeal at high volumes and doesn't sound boxy at all.

• Anyone else not getting a confirmation mail for the waiting list?
    I sent a request june 4 but no answer.

I sent Tom an email last week and got a prompt response confirming about ready to ship active wedges in US and that I'm in group. Got on wait list early march.

• I'm getting real tired of waiting for the CLR and have started checking out other options. 3 months on the CLR wait list so far, and the last "News" on Atomics site is from January?? Not filling me full of confidence.. Anyways...

Been following this thead for some time and I finally took my KPA to a store today to play through a DXR10. I was actually mighty impressed. Sadly they didn't have a qsc K12 in stock for me to do a direct side by side comparison (I currently use a K12 with KPA's output eq adjusted) but I was very quickly impressed. I could attempt to break down in detail what I liked about the Yamaha over my QSC but honestly, it's a simple explanation. The DXR10 sounded even and natural. My favorite profiles sounded almost like they do through my recording monitor speakers (what I use when I make/adjust rigs/fx). Not dead nuts - but very close. Oh.. And the DXR10's are light as hell! Basically - I see why people like em here!

Going to give Atomic another week or so before I throw in the towel and go another direction, but honestly, I think the DXR will be in my future....

• Greenblob, the Atomic Facebook says they are in. I got an email from Tom and he said they would be fullfilling the requests starting tommorrow. Hope this helps. I plan on trying a side by side comparison as soon as I get the CLR. Paul

i SEE YOUR A LEFTY ALSO! :thumbup:

• @ CLR-Owners: Do you have the same impression like me, that you have to use a post-stack-low-pass on almost every gainy rig? It seems to me, that the CLR has so much very high frequencies, it simply sounds better with a low pass behind the stack (less hiss/fizz). On clean rigs everything works fine without a low pass. What do you think about it? How do you cope with it?