what speakers to use in stereo?

• Hi there,
    I am willing to buy a kemper amp, still there are a couple of questions and it would be great to hear/read your opinion about it:
    Until now I've always used a stereo setup: pedal board with stereo delay and stereo reverb to split the signal for two seperate amps(l/r). How would I do this best with a Kemper amp? Using a stereo loop? Or go mono in with stuff like wah and booster pedals and put the stereo efx behind the Kemper before I go into whatever speaker I would use? Anyone with experiences in this field?

The other questions is about the speakers. I have absolutely no idea what to use? I wouldnt mind to use a set of little active speakers since I am not playing any hard and loud rock stuff. More a medium loud jazzy setting. Or would I need to use something like fender/marshall cabinets to get the real vibe? Any recommendations for practical speakers in a live/touring scenario? I have ONE bose L1 with one subwoofer but then the stereo is missing and I am not willing to buy or transport a second unit of those ;)

So this is my first post here. It is a lot of stuff. For any kind of feedback I'd be more than happy. It seems this Kemper device is a serious piece of gear.

All the best,
    Laurentius

• Welcome Laurentius! I would suggest searching the forum for various terms like "powered monitor". There have been many threads about the speakers to use with the KPA, and there are accordingly many opinions. Good luck!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• well "no need for external multi fx" is quiet relative. i feel like i need some of my pedals. first of all the are so e dynamic sounds that should be hard to profile and then it also about the habbit of using them.
    anyway thanks for your quick and informative answers so far! good place here ;)

• Sorry, didn't wanted to dispute your choices, just was under the impression that you thought you need an external fx unit in order to go stereo, probably a misunderstanding on my side.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I use two of these:

http://www.aer-amps.com/images…es/pdf_data/Flyer/AG8.pdf

Very compact, loud enough and best of all no tweeter beaming that plague many other FRFR monitors I have tried (QSC K10, FBT Verve). Completely transparent transition from woofer to horn. I also have a pair of RCF NS10-SMAs, but like the AERs better as they are softer sounding/not as "hard" in the top end. I have the Kemper gigbag and the bags for these and its all great to move around. Thinking about adding a third for W/D/W as we speak.

IMHO, YMMV.

• North, are you using the AER 8s in a band situation If so what kind of band how loud do you play. I,ve noticed several people here are using powered cabs with 10" or 8in peakers as opposed to 12s. ?( thanks Paul

• North, are you using the AER 8s in a band situation If so what kind of band how loud do you play. I,ve noticed several people here are using powered cabs with 10" or 8in peakers as opposed to 12s. ?( thanks Paul

4-piece band. I would say we dont play very loud nor is the drummer very loud, but the AG8s are easily loud enough to cause ringing ears, FWTW. As you increase volume toward their capacity you will lose some bass. I had the EV ZXA1 and prefer the AERs as they are less hyped/harsh and the transition from woofer to horn is completely transparent. The other thing that i like about the is that they feel quicker more punchy than the 12s I have used.