Should I wait for foot-controller?

• I'm finally buying a Kemper today. I'll need to have some sort of midi foot controller until kemper releases theirs. I though about the behringer, but have heard its a pain to program. So I'm considering a tech 21 midi moose or a rocktron midi mate. Both have limited features and I don't need a volume pedal. If the Kemper comes out in a few months, I can live without some of the features that the rocktron has, but if I'm going to be waiting till next Namm for them to release a foot controller, I might just pony up the extra dough as the midi mate costs $40 more than the midi moose. In addition, I really would love the simplicity and battery powered feature of using the midi moose and not need an ac adaptor on stage for it. However, its going to be a long wait, I don't want to be without tap tempo.

Anyone have any guesses on the timeline of a release? Lot of folks on here seemed to think it was going to be announced last week at namm, along with the long-anticipated performance mode so maybe I've just answered my own question?

• Just a heads up on the MIDI Moose - it will only send PC messages. So you can use it to select between rigs on the Kemper, but you won't be able to use it toggle effects on and off, for instance. If that's sufficient for you, and you are interested in buying used, let me know. I have one in excellent shape and we could work out a price. But if you want to toggle effects, I would advise you look to the Rocktron or Behringer (although I am completely on the same page as you in terms of the Moose's footprint and battery power being preferable.)

A used FC-300 is also an option, if you can find one at an acceptable price. They're massive as well, but at least they will run on AA batteries.

• Thanks for the advice. I just picked up a midi mate at sweetwater and they knocked $32 off the price, so I got it for about $180, they also took 15% off the Kemper and kemper bag. So I got the Kemper lunch box (in black) the midi mate, the Kemper bag, and two midi cables for $1997, not half bad. All new off course, not b stock or anything like that. Considering that the Kemper alone normally sells for $1979, its like I got everything else for $18 bucks.

• I find Sweetwater to be one of the higher quotes. I've never gotten a bargain from them.

zZounds and GC were willing to go to $1580 out the door on the Kemper (that includes taxes for GC or online for zZounds)

And zZounds occasionally has huge blowout savings if you lurk for them.

It pays to get quotes from at least 3-5 retailers, since Kemper is nice enough to use them, let them compete for your dollars.

• I tried Sweetwater first when I bought my Kemper but they wouldn't give me a deal. So I got it from Zzounds.

• I'm quite thrilled and hope this satisfies my G.A.S. for a while. Sweetwater was willing to match a deal that musicians friend was running. They were giving 15% off purchases over $400. I told my sweetwater rep and they were willing to match. No sales tax of course, over the phone. I'm getting the QSC K10 in a couple weeks and my live rig will be complete. I play 3 out of four weekends a month at my church, usually a Saturday and two Sunday services, plus Wednesday rehearsal, so it will be real nice to have my 32 pound K10 in one hand and a guitar case and kemper bag in the other, plus a backpack with my cables, electric cords, and other gig stuff. One trip from the car to inside. No more heavy cab, amp, and pedal board to lug around. Love it. Since my church has an aviom set-up, I can use my nice headphones and do my own headphone mix if I want, so I'll only need to lug the K10 when my band plays. The sound guy likes it when I go direct so win-win.

• To answer the thread's questions. I'm in the same boat.

I think it depends on your situation. Do you gig and want to use the Kemper. Well, you obviously need a solution now.

Are you an at home player, or sometimes player with a band and can wait? Then wait.