TheAmpFactory Pack4

• Right !
    Except when post EQ volume is turned to max , as in few profiles from Rig Pack 4 ,but not a big deal .
    I find Watkins Dominator to be my new favorite profile !!!!
    What an Amazing amp !!!
    The most dramatic and dirty crunch I ever heard in my life .
    Its open but saturated ??? Cannot explain, but lets just play it !!

:thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Just got the Tone King Galaxy set - these profiles are AMAZING!
    Best clean and crunch sound I've ever played..

I feel your profiles is getting even better every time - maybe it's just me falling in love with your work once again.
    Thank you so much for doing this :thumbup:

Kemper made me proud to go digital.

• Question on the Twin Reverb profile in this new pack. The description says "good for that singing lead tone." Does this mean there is a profile of the amp cranked, ala early Santana, Rolling Stones, Derek Trucks (I know he uses a Super Reverb mostly) etc.?

I'm having trouble finding that cranked Blackface lead tone so far with other profiles. I have your other Twin set and its nice but doesn't get there. I know some of this depends on the speakers, bias, and other factors. But, it's also produced by cranking the treble and lowering the bass. I can get there on my real Deluxe Reverb but I suck at profiling so far!

At the moment I'm using the TwoRock 35 instead.

Just wondering...

Thanks,
    John

• Well the blackface is certainly singing and cranked, I find it quite thick considering its a fender amp. - weather its the tone in your head or for what your looking for, I cant answer that, nor can I advise you get it for that purpose. - its certainly does offer that "in your face" chime about it though, and you can easy get the stones sound and even crank it further with a booster or so in the stomp section for great results.

I might be in the minority here, but normally I always run fender amps with Tele's or other SC guitars, but this amp in particular just loves HB's, of course YMMV!

• I started exploring the Orange Matamp yesterday. Not only is that a fantastic amp with a great sound on it's own, the cab is fantastic as well. I used that cab together with the '66 JTM "blackflag" amp and it really made that amp come alive.

Andy, was that an original Orange 4x12 or a Marshall cab?

Whatever it was, it sure sounds like some great Greenbacks (most likely G12M25s) are in that cab. It also works very well with the Selmer T&B 50. Actually that is my current combination for the "Allright now" lead part ;) It is not very bright though and hence won't work for modern high-gain stuff, so be warned ;)

Andy, whatever you did to mic and profile this cab, it was magic!

There is another really nice cab (tags say pre-rola Greenbacks) in the amppack 3. It's the cab of the JMP 1987 HW and I think of the JMP MKII "girl" as well. That cab has the same great Celestion sound but is a bit brighter than the Matamp cab with less mids.

• The Matamp was with a 4x12 old orange cab, - so it would of be V30 voicing, but a custom variation off, was a 16ohm setup too, not that normal for a 4x12 that run at 8 ohm. although difference is negligible, can feel it more than hear it, but you are right in the fact that Orange tried to sound like the Marshall 1960's cabs did, but with there own custom voiced v30's
    I really like the Bite of this amp, and I,m not a hugh orange fan. but a massive vintage orange fan, there is a big difference to me.

• I have the Rock and Vintage packs, plus Bundle 1 and 4 and some individuals from 2 and 3.

I have a bundle and some SoundSide ones. Also free, my own and the Kempers. Probably over 3k rigs, but about 700 on my KPA directly.

I decided to populate my Favorites folder (haven't used it before much)

I went through all 700 and just chose them as I liked them, using single coil and a humbucker guitars. Came away with about 122 "Favorites".

Of those, Andy's is about 80% of them.

Keep up the good work Man!

• Didn't Andy say he was tweaking all the packs to lower the volume? Something about a pedal having a larger volume and some people experiencing clipping when the main volume was at max?

• Yes indeed, (not done yet) but I will be re-saving all profiles with the "boost" turned off.
    As a few people claimed it was clipping bad. so I'll honour those folks and get it right.
    If you ant more volume, just simply press the X button!

This is extremely curious. Certainly we KPA users are smart enough to press a couple buttons and turn some knobs if things don't sound absolutely ideal out of box. Andy, not sure you should be going through this much trouble for something so minor. I mean, your rigs typically have more reverb than I typically use so I just turn the reverb down. I've turned off the post boost and also set them all up with the effects I typically use.

• I haven't noticed clipping issues, but Andy did say all you have to do is either turn off the X button or even lock it off when rolling through his profiles.

I haven't experience clipping with my Tele or humbucking guitars, but I can see it easily happening if you have your preamp volumes on your soundcard up significantly since the Kemper naturally can push a large amount of volume on any rig.

• I had read about others having a "wow" moment after getting some AF profiles. I bought a b-stock unit which came with a bunch of stuff on it, including some AF profiles. Definitely found some great sounds and was debating whether I even needed to buy more.

I decided to hand pick a few from AF4 that seemed up my alley and "wow"! Toneking Galaxy, Gilmour HiWatt and Matamp...these are on another level for me! SO amazingly good! Well done and thank you!

• I just bought Bundle 4 and as ALWAYS the rigs are of outstanding quality - most of them wander without editing into my Favorites Tab! Worth every Penny!!
    Please keep up the good work!

All the best from Vienna
    Berglmir

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx