Reference Mic & Phantom Power Adapter

• Just curious, I own an old Peavey PVR-1 which by its specs is as flat as it gets, wondering if anyone ever tried that. Also since it's a condenser which requires phantom power I was thinking about getting one of these:

[Blocked Image: http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/cms/images/product/samson/processors/s-class-mini/sphantom/S-phantom-display.jpg]

Anyone ever tried this one? Is it any good? And more importantly, I'm not sure whether or not it will pass the 48v on at its output, if it does will that hurt the KPA input?

• The back inputs of the Kemper are protected against Phantom Power

Edit: the outputs as well

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok, just got back from the store and redid a profile (previously with an old Beta 57) with my CAD E200 using the Samson S-Phantom, sounds better than before. I got curious and took a look at the frequency response of the 57 and it has this weird bump at 4-5 kHz; now I'm wondering why it's such a popular mic for recording guitars :wacko:

• . I got curious and took a look at the frequency response of the 57 and it has this weird bump at 4-5 kHz; now I'm wondering why it's such a popular mic for recording guitars :wacko:

These focused high mids may sound a bit unpleasant and unnatural on their own but surely help guitars cut through a busy mix.
    That's why they're popular.

• These focused high mids may sound a bit unpleasant and unnatural on their own but surely help guitars cut through a busy mix.
    That's why they're popular.

Thanks to my developing obsessive-compulsive disorder, lately I've began a pursuit of capturing and reproducing stuff as flat as possible and with minimal tweaking, which in the case of profiling translates to trying to do it with the flattest possoible response mic and varying only its positioning, not an easy task by any means.

On a related note, does anyone else notice that the definition parameter, when set at 10 after profiling, causes the tone to sound shrill quite often especially on higher gain tones? I'm beginning to lower it to around 9.1 on my latest profiles and it seems to sound better.

• Just curious, I own an old Peavey PVR-1 which by its specs is as flat as it gets, wondering if anyone ever tried that. Also since it's a condenser which requires phantom power I was thinking about getting one of these:

[Blocked Image: http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/cms/images/product/samson/processors/s-class-mini/sphantom/S-phantom-display.jpg]

Anyone ever tried this one? Is it any good? And more importantly, I'm not sure whether or not it will pass the 48v on at its output, if it does will that hurt the KPA input?

I got this SAMSON DI-Box. It is transparent and silent for my condenser mic STUDIO ELECTRONIC SE2200a, output is line level, so no worry you won't hurt KPA. Anyway you need 9V to power it (unless you use phantom power from your interface).

• I got this SAMSON DI-Box. It is transparent and silent for my condenser mic STUDIO ELECTRONIC SE2200a, output is line level, so no worry you won't hurt KPA. Anyway you need 9V to power it (unless you use phantom power from your interface).

Are you sure you're not confusing the box in the pic with the S-Direct? They look very similar.