Wireless Headphones, Any Recommendations?

• I use headphones at night so I don't disturb my wife. I hate the damn cord, it just gets in the way. Any suggestions on wireless headphones? What are the cons of using wireless headphones.

• I've had the Sennheiser HDR 120 II for just over a year. Got them to escape 'the cord of death', honestly... headphone wires acts like evil magnetic umbilical cords and always find something new and distracting to attach themselves to. Anyway... I've not got much use out of the HDRs as there's a noise floor which I find pretty bad. Once you tune them correctly and are playing they are fine - very comfortable and liberating, but once you stop you get much more hiss than from wired umbilicaled phones of death. Shame really - I've tried to vary the location of the receiver with little difference. I think I should have got the model above but I think the increased hiss will be a feature of these type of phones. I'd be happy to be wrong...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

Edited once, last by Brattcave ().

• Mmmm - just checked again and they're not as bad as I remember. There's still some hiss but it's not really a problem. Quite enjoyed the cordless experience actually - I'll have to give them a second chance! They were always better with hi-fi material and TV rather than music gear. Definitely usable though when I sort the tuning out...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• The only downside to wireless headphones are the compression/frequency loss...Sennheiser has or will be releasing headphones that broadcast multiple "pieces of sound" that are then reassembled on the headphone side to produce full frequencies...if you are using them just to jam then no worries...