Editor pétition.

• To stretch it a bit, if I gather a group of friends in a corner of a public square in order to talk about a soccer game you're certainly "entitled" to join and start screaming about Nazis or God or cars, but this would not be fair, would it?
    :)

Not a good example, Gianfranco.

I'm just giving my opinion about the way this company prioritizes other features over the editor in a thread about it in response to this
    "I think its very naive for such a MAGNIFICENT product not to have a decent software !"

and this

"On the other hand , having the controller as a priority - while there is an already existing and working alternative ( Behringer FCB1010 ) - and not the editor - that there is no alternative to ( the midi program available is not well intergraded ) - makes me wonder about Kemper's priorities."

Edited 5 times, last by pacocito ().

• No arrogance at all. See the previous post, please.

Edited 2 times, last by pacocito ().

• I imagine CK was pretty proud of how he designed the Kemper with all of the knobs and button control.
    Rightfully so. It is a reasonably easy way to get around.

But..... This is 2015 and music creation has become PC based. People have become used to this and do expect this as a norm even.
    I understand CK's not releasing the KPA with an editor. This was his first creation of this kind for guitar so he obviously put some thought into the getaroundness of his settings and controls and it works.

On the other hand, if created well, I mean by having your PC screen full of modules of effects and such, you could see exactly where each one stands and you could tweak them very fast. More as a whole you might say.
    Even with all of the knobs on the KPA, you do still have to do a lot of scrolling to get where you want. This works but if you think about it, before the advent of all of this, back when we had to use pedals for everything, we could still see the state of everything by a glance at the knobs.
    As it is here, we cannot. These knobs are infinite so they show nothing at a glance.

There are just so many options/ adjustments for everything any more. Editors are the way. PROPERLY designed and intuitive editors. Knobs, buttons, drop downs (instead of all of the scrolling) all open at once would be fantastic. Of course you wouldn't have to have all of the modules if you don't want, but if you have the real estate on your screen, why not.
    If you guys were to see a correctly designed editor for the KPA you would definitely change your tune. Unless you are just one that doesn't use computers, I would get that.

Some of us are just control freaks.

I'm done I don't want to hijack this thread any farther so I will give another...

+1

• I'm just giving my opinion about the way this company prioritizes other features over the editor in a thread about it in response to this
    "I think its very naive for such a MAGNIFICENT product not to have a decent software !"

Yep, my post was not against you. My message would be: don't respond just "no" to the OP, he's somehow entitled to require a certain coherence, and his last post was most probably not against you as well :)

• i don't know if it has been stated in this post previously, but my view point on the editor is having a rack roll into the studio and being tethered for recording and editing away from the console. I have put together a 15 cable harness with spdif, usb, xlr, etc just to make life easier when the band records. To be able to edit the KPA at the console monitor to me is invaluable. Same setups for Fractal, VG99, etc...
    Yea the KPA is fairly intuitive on the front panel, but remote access is paramount as far as I am concerned. (Ever had a 200lb flight case in your way while tracking guitars? ;) )
    Just saying...