Hilarious Youtube vid...guitar necks, etc,etc...

• Thanks a lot for this link,

I have to say that I was - till now - absolutely convinced that maple fingerboards on a strat sound brighter than rosewood boards. I should have known better and trusted my ears.

Hmmh, so sometimes it's not what you actually hear, but what you want to hear, according to the state of mind you're in.

Makes me a reformed cork sniffer so to say!

• I remember saying something about the maple and rosewood on a youtube video comments section, only to be told I knew nothing about this and that, and of course it sounds different, it's different wood etc etc.. it really is most of the time HOW you interpret the sound... I'm really starting to Just go for the look of a guitar that inspires me to play and record, rather than going for the name only and the "made in" ... I played a bunch of Fenders USA and Squiers China last weekend.... the best sounding were the deluxe USA tele and the squier vm jazzmaster.... standard USA didn't do much for me, but I know they are good guitars and made well... most of the other squier sounded like I think they should, weak pickups and vintagy... it's just nutz..... the difference I find is when you first pick a guitar up... the deluxe just felt like amazing quality, finished perfectly.. weight was nice.. anyway, no real point to this post, just that I think we pay too much attention on looking for the perfect guitar and not enough time playing them :) I just sold 2 guitars and feel much lighter in mind :) ciao....

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Yeah,
    the IMO problem is often that most people compare two different things... you have two guitars which differ for the fretboard and other things, and you end up stating that the difference lies only in the detail you're taking into consideration!

• Yeah,
    the IMO problem is often that most people compare two different things... you have two guitars which differ for the fretboard and other things, and you end up stating that the difference lies only in the detail you're taking into consideration!

Yeah like - Mahogany is waaaaarm because my Gibson sounds waaaaarmer that my maple strat which is bright and tight. Take virtually the same guitars and just replace the fingerboard. And we're talking about sound when plugged in.

I have very intense talk on the thread on some forums - I asked how the woods affects the tone when plugged in (in virtually 2 same guitars, just differing by the wood). I have 180 replies just by few weeks.

I asked Gibson twice using their web form this question, they never responded me. What a DMFs =)

This video from Scott is so hilarious =) he has many more videos very infromative. Subscribed him long time ago.

I always laugh hard watching this part :thumbup:

#6 min 10 secs#

Edited 2 times, last by skoczy ().

• I always have hilarious time watching while Scott plays Les Paul over inlays on freatboard and says "ohhhhhh it's bright!" then he shifts to area without inlay and he says "oh good God it's waaaaarm" - 6:10 in this video. He's straight straight in your face with this :D

Besides he has many very informative videos on guitars. Some videos are over an hour long.

• Neither the way he talks nor the way he "plays" the guitar can convince me. Having two identical guitars with just different fretboards at hand, he missed the opportunity to offer us a meaningful comparison of the amplified sound.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Make your humbucker guitar sound like telecaster in 2 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g8qF9vC11s

you can dig many interesting videos on his channel

OK - that one is really convincing indeed!

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.