Periphery Presets from Axe FX II

• I just loaded these up and holy hell I am in tonal heaven, the Nolly lead patch is incredible.

hi.

unless these rigs are coming from a real Peavey 5150 and Peavey 6505, please indicate the source of the profile.
    Judging by this thread's title, they are from a modeller (Axe-Fx II) and should be named/tagged accordingly.

thank you.

+1. Real amp or Axe FXII? If "Patch" means Axe.

Edited 2 times, last by Pocobor ().

• those patches are great! And changing the cabs brings even more magic !

could you profile please these AXE FX amp models ?

SOLO 100
    (SOLDANO SUPER LEAD OVERDRIVE (SLO-100))
    Keep the Master volume low (3.50). It's a very bright amp, keep Presence and Treble low

SPEC OD1
    (DUMBLE OVERDRIVE SPECIAL: CLEAN)
    Based on the Clean channel of a coveted but rare amp made famous by Robben Ford and Larry Carlton, among others

SPEC OD2
    :) DUMBLE OVERDRIVE SPECIAL:LEAD)
    Based on this amp's foot-switchable Lead channel with great singing sustain and tone appropriate for modern blues, fusion, and more

CAROLANN OD2
    (CAROLANN OD-2R, OVERDRIVE CHANNEL)

FAS FUSION
    ( FRACTAL AUDIO SYSTEMS: CUSTOM MODEL(

This model designed by Fractal Audio Systems has a smooth, thick tone good for fusion/blues solo work
    Cabinet suggestion: 2x12 Custom

Wrecker 1
    (based on Trainwreck Express)

It would be great ! :D:thumbup::thumbup:

• *edit*
    all these models are from the ultra if I am correct? was there a particular patch that you wanted? Whichever IR I use and tweak it might not even be to your liking so its kinda pointless

I do plan on doing some bass ones that I had which were pretty decent and maybe 2-3 more periphery ones (the jake ones didn't sound good at all IMO and I think they had the crystals thing going on which the Kemp can't do AFAIK)

If you can point out some patches I'll give it a try

Edited once, last by caveman1 ().

• *edit*
    all these models are from the ultra if I am correct? was there a particular patch that you wanted? Whichever IR I use and tweak it might not even be to your liking so its kinda pointless

I do plan on doing some bass ones that I had which were pretty decent and maybe 2-3 more periphery ones (the jake ones didn't sound good at all IMO and I think they had the crystals thing going on which the Kemp can't do AFAIK)

If you can point out some patches I'll give it a try

I saw the models on this web page . http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/a…tle=AMP_%28block%29:_list , they are from axe Fx II

the amp model i am more curious about is , the dumble, and there is down some sugested cabinets .

58 ODS-100 Clean / Lead (based on Dumble OD Special)
    http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/a…d_on_Dumble_OD_Special.29

Based on: Dumble OD Special, a coveted but rare amp made famous by Robben Ford. Clean: clean channel. Lead: OD channel. Speakers: G12-65, EVM 12L
    Stock cabinet suggestions:

29/56 (G12-65)
    8/12/105/106 (EVM)

Original controls: Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble, Overdrive Level, Ratio, Master Volume, Presence, Bright and Mid switches (clean)

If you could profile the different channels on this one would be already goldy . I saw on youtube a preset called a095 ultimate dumble, that could be a base for your profile . But as you will need to eliminate fx, and all things on the signal chain , wouldnt be easier to choose the amp put the some of the cabinets sugested on top, If first profile sounds good, maybe you could see it as a real amp and profile its different channels, A Clean, Od and Lead would be cool , and i am curious to see how the bright and mid switches on the clean can sound as well . Hoping it wont be too much trouble for you, i would love to see this amp model profiled .

thanks in advance

cheers

Tone

• Another thumbs up for Caveman1. Those profiles are damn awesome!

Next up - Nakedzen :)

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I'm gonna have some more done in a few days hopefully. I didn't have much luck with the bass one but I was playing a bass through the kemper so I'm thinking it actually might be more accurate using a guitar! (especailly with the refine profile part)

• I'm gonna have some more done in a few days hopefully. I didn't have much luck with the bass one but I was playing a bass through the kemper so I'm thinking it actually might be more accurate using a guitar! (especailly with the refine profile part)

Perfect!
    The 2 rig are my favourite ones ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    I'm looking forward to the new profiles !

• Realized I never came in here and properly thanked Justin for putting in the time/work to get the Periphery Axe-II presets profiled. THANK-YOU caveman1, you rock sir! Nolly's lead patch sounded great on the Axe-II and when I sold it to buy my Kemper that was one thing I missed, but the profile of that patch sounds incredible so I'm stoked that I didn't end up "losing" it in the process of coming over to the Kemper! :thumbup: LOVE IT! :D

-[matt]-

• I do plan on doing some bass ones that I had which were pretty decent...

Dude, you totally rock!

I'm going to be relying on the KPA for all my bass work as well and so far profiles have been thin on the ground. Anything you do for bass will be pure gold for me, brah!

Thank you ever so much, man!

The Bass Ace wrote:
    My brother has got both the Kemper and the Axe2. He actually likes the Axe2 better (i know he's crazy)

So... does he have a propellor sprouting out of his cap or what? LOL

• Sorry for digging that hard but I always wanted to try the Periphery/Nolly Presets but can't find them in the exchange - any magic tricks required?
    Tried it with keywords such "nolly" "periphery" "caveman1" - any help? :)

Hi guys I took them down for reasons that can be found here
    Axe-fx Artist Presets

I did a bunch of BK7 bass profiles as well (tough to profile that unit!)

• Oh man! Bad luck, bro'... and after all your effort.

Missed out here anyway as I added the search terms to a text file which I clear once there's a bunch of stuff to check out. Serves me right for not being "right on it" every day. I'm a fanboi but that level of attentiveness isn't possible, regrettably.

Again, thank you for your kind efforts, caveman.