about to purchase an M-Audio fast track pro............

• as per the subject, I'm willing to purchase a fast track pro. I have now an edirol firewire F101. very nice audio interface but cannot reamp with the KPA.

anyone has the fast track pro and did a reamp?

thanks

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I always have bad experience with m-audio stuff.
    I'm very happy with my focusrite saffire pro 24.
    I know that it costs twice than a fast track but it is plenty of in and outs. And you can go fully digital too, without any AD/DA conversion, since it has spdif in and out.

Maybe the pro 14 can work anyway, and it's cheaper, but i cannot tell anything about reliability.
    Are you going USB or Firewire?

P.S: i have the best results with reamping (with analog in and out) by using a reamp box. I love the palmer one, it's pretty cheap.

• as per the subject, I'm willing to purchase a fast track pro. I have now an edirol firewire F101. very nice audio interface but cannot reamp with the KPA.

anyone has the fast track pro and did a reamp?

thanks

Me too I had bad experiences with M-Audio drivers, stability and support...

Now I happily use MOTU and Focusrite... But, of course, they are more expensive.

• I have a Fast Track Pro which I only can use with the Kemper through the analog inputs, I tried everything but there is no way to get the s/pdif working together and having so the possibility to re-amp the guitars.

I'm using a mac and ableton live, the FTP doesn't offer too many options to setup, and even with some tricks I could get the FTP working on the same sample rate as the Kemper does, this didn't help. I only keep getting a very noisy sound out of it or even no sound at all. I really tried everything and searched the web for that, no help on this, only problems with the s/pdif on the FTP, so I wouldn't recommend you to purchase this as you won't have the extra option you're looking for on this interface. At least not with the Kemper as the Kemper doesn't also offer any other sample rate as 44.1 kHz.

• Dont do it! i have one and its a crap audio interface... low quality pres and converters, i can not even install the softwere in my PC, it only support Vista i think

• I have a fast track ultra and can't even GIVE it away!! I use it for my macbook occasionally.

I'm currently using an old Presonus FirePod (the new one is the F10 I think, same software works both) which I got on Craigslist for $200 or so. And when i got mine, the dope gave me the wrong wallwart which burned the unit out. For $89 Presonus replaced the guts and it burned out again before THEY realized i had the wrong power cord.

They paid shipping to them and back, replaced the guts again, and gave me a new powerstrip at no cost.

I think PreSonus rocks!

• I always have bad experience with m-audio stuff.
    I'm very happy with my focusrite saffire pro 24.
    I know that it costs twice than a fast track but it is plenty of in and outs. And you can go fully digital too, without any AD/DA conversion, since it has spdif in and out.

Maybe the pro 14 can work anyway, and it's cheaper, but i cannot tell anything about reliability.
    Are you going USB or Firewire?

P.S: i have the best results with reamping (with analog in and out) by using a reamp box. I love the palmer one, it's pretty cheap.

I agree with this completely. Using the Saffire Pro Dsp 24 here. I also have a Fast Track and I do not like it at all. I also have the little Presonus (Fire Studio Mobile) and its a nice little interface.

• Mine worked well on my laptop with windows 7... but not on my new asus desktop. using reaper and midi was fine before, but not good now... distorted sounds etc etc, drivers seem hard to find, or the propper ones seem like they don't work... I was using asio4all

steve

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• I have one (or had, never use it anymore) and i had plenty of problems with it. I recently made the step to by a decent audio device and i'm so glad to get rid of the fasttrack pro.

Buy something else if you can afford it.

• My Fast Track Ultra would give my Windows XP and Windows 7 across 4 different computers (2 I built and 2 lenovo's) when paired with a UAD-1.

UAD-2, no problem. But take either out and no problem.

The Blue Screen of Death wasn't the big problem though. Running my tracks would actually introduce screaming bleeps into my tracks and destroy my musical takes!! I had to keep 3 backups to find one when one was destroyed. Nightmare.

Was is UA or M-Audio? Can't say for sure.

I took the FTU offline and have had a problem since.