Main, Monitor, and Direct output question

• In the output settings, Monitor and Direct can be assigned to Left Main and Right Main signal sources. Listening to Main Outputs vs Monitor and Direct, I notice differences. The Monitor output should sound like Left Main but sounds hyped like extra cabinet sound is emphasized. The Direct Out sounds normal like Right Main should sound. Why is this? Also the Monitor Out EQ only effects Monitor Output, not Direct Output. There is no EQ for Direct Output although it is set to Right Main with Monitor set to Left Main. In my mind, they are paired so should respond to EQ and sound the same.

Am I missing something or is the Left and Right Main assignments to Monitor and Direct an unfinished feature in need of repair? Why else would it exist?

bd

• 1. Please check "MonitorCabOff" for your monitor sound.
    2. We do not provide an EQ for the Direct Out. Putting it on the Monitor EQ would interfere with an alternate cabling, where the direct out carries the dry signal to the FOH.

• CK,

Thanks. Doesn't "MonitorCabOff" turn off Cabs in the monitor output which would create a harsh tone to the left channel of my FRFR stereo amp?

I really want to use my FRFR stereo amp while sending Mains to FOH if possible. Only one feed needs EQ. If Monitor and Direct will run as a stereo pair, I can feed FOH with Monitor + Direct and Mains can feed my FRFR with EQ.

bd

• Why you don't use main outs for both? TS to your FRFR and XLR to FOH?

I am using Main Out for both now. My FRFR amp has a different tone/response than my FOH and it is frustrating me! I cant get both to sound close enough. I am going to try using Monitor Out and Direct Out assigned to Left and Right Main to feed FOH and Main Out for my FRFR stereo amp. This gives me an EQ to normalize my stage sound. My FOH speakers already have EQ for room correction.

bd

• I tried using Monitor Out assigned Left Main and Direct Out assigned Right Main today. The signal routing is a bit confusing. Direct Out is 10db weaker than Monitor Out. Compensating for this in the Master Volumes page is no good because the Monitor Out and Direct Output don't scale properly using a volume pedal. The sound pans to one side as volume decreases if both volume setting aren't equal. You have to balance them externally at the input of the amplifier or FOH mixer.

Also Aux Input won't route to Monitor Out or Direct Out and Stereo Loop only routes to Monitor Out.

Bottom line....the selectable assignment of signals to Main, Monitor, and Direct Outputs don't function as simply as one might hope. There are limitations, possibly due to Beta firmware. Perhaps fixes are in the works.

For now FOH and FRFR monitors will have to share the Main Out signal.

bd