HD500 as midi controller

• Check this out:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm thinking of going the PodHD500 route for both a midi controller and extra FX. Reading through this post, I think I would probably do the 4CM by putting the loop in the X Slot etc and be able to use the looper and effects from the Pod for post effects not in the Kemper
    and assign FS1-4 for turning A-D stomp effects on and off and FS5-8 for profile changes. As long as there isn't any degradation in tone which according to previous posts is negligable that looks like the best option. One other thing that I am wondering about is adding a second expression pedal for Morphing. If I read correctly from previous posts, once you add a second expression pedal you can't assign the toe switch on expression pedal 1 to act as an on/off for the wah? I'll re-read the Pod Manual but if anybody has any insight on this I would appreciate it

• You can, you just need to think of cable connection routes. I have a feed from the KPA main going into the HD500x and then and xlr for out. I can switch to the looper and back to the rigs similar to normal HD operation. You need to set all effects to something like a noise gate with zero values when engaged to not influence the sound when using the looper as my setup anyway. My difficulty has been setting the switches on and off the match the KPA when the rigs are changed....

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

Edited once, last by bshaw92 ().

• To use the pod hd footswitch with the morphing:

on system page 3, check Rig button Morph

on performance mode, if you want to morph on the slot 1, you have to set FS1 to cc Toggle and cc# 50 (if you put cc#51 FS1 will change to slot 2 of your rig !)
    but if you want to morph when you are on slot 2 you have to set FS1(or another) to cc Toggle and cc# 51
    ...etc

• Hello Everyone.
    Has anyone here used the HD500 for it's VDI input only? Using the patches to store Variax model and tuning settings. Pod connected to Kemper via SPDIF re amp mode.
    I am interested in finding out if anyone
    has the KPR and is using it to send midi messages to the pod from the Kemper to use those patches while in
    performance mode? I can see the POD is a good midi controller but I bought
    a remote for it's ease of use.
    I am curious because I'd like to automate model and tuning selection on my Variax without undoing all the work I've done to make the remote work with my set up.
    Kind regards
    Pre-Amp

• I'm about one week into my Kemper adventure - sorry if this is a dumb question. I have set up my Pod HD500 in the FS5-8 mode and was wondering if there's a way to have the volume pedal not go all the way back to 0 when you back it off. For example in the Pod HD I could set the parameters 30%-100% or something like that. I find (especially with fuzzes etc) when I back it off sometimes it can be really abrupt if that makes sense.

I have set the delay tails to extend (thanks lippi) which is amazing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• It is possible and not a dumb question at all - I was figuring same thing years ago when first started. .

In the Kemper 'Rig Settings' there's page 'Volume Pedal Settings' with a 'Range' parameter that you can use for this. Irecall I had it set somewhere around -1...-1.5 to get some 3..5db volume off.

• It is possible and not a dumb question at all - I was figuring same thing years ago when first started. .

In the Kemper 'Rig Settings' there's page 'Volume Pedal Settings' with a 'Range' parameter that you can use for this. Irecall I had it set somewhere around -1...-1.5 to get some 3..5db volume off.

Thank you so much! Works perfectly at -1.5.

Here's another question. I don't really use WAH but would use the morph function on a Muff/ or Fuzz if possible. I know it's possible with the Kemper remote but could I set up EXP 2 on the HD500 for something like that? There's a few settings I can see but it's a bit confusing to me. Still getting the hang of all this. Thanks...

Edited once, last by GMV2019 ().

• Here's another question. I don't really use WAH but would use the morph function on a Muff/ or Fuzz if possible. I know it's possible with the Kemper remote but could I set up EXP 2 on the HD500 for something like that? There's a few settings I can see but it's a bit confusing to me. Still getting the hang of all this. Thanks...

Didn't use it myself (morph didn't exist back then), but should work just like WAH, but with different Control Change. So setup the EXP2 to send CC#11 values for continuous morphing (value 127 is Morph Sound and value 0 is Base Sound).

Couple of things coming to mind

- If you are editing the morph rig while having the EXP2 activated the pedal needs to be either fully on or off, otherwise KPA don't know which 'mode' you are trying to edit

- If you are activating the EXP2 throught pressing the toe switch it is worth thinking what is the initial & final morph value you'd like to send i.e. if activating the morph while pedal is in toe position and having set toe pos. to send 127 then it is always immediately full morph on when activated (no rise/fall time).