Vowel wah - Talkbok settings!

• I use a Rocktron Banshee live, so I haven't tried that use for the vowel wah yet. I posted a couple of synth-sounding vowel effects on the Rig Exchange a couple of months ago - one of those might be a good starting point.

You would likely want two different profiles - one for the main talk box sound, and a one for the lead lines in the second verse (they are a different vowel than the main part).

Putting a distortion in an effects slot before the vowel wah will give it a harmonically rich input signal, and make the effect sound like you expect. You may want to try it without an amp profile, to keep the full range of the effect.

• Already tried your vowel rigs and they are really nice synth :thumbup:

Good idea to try it without an amp profile, i was trying to replicate the same setup as using a conventional heil talkbox (amp cabinet off and vowel wah in x slot) but it didn't work for me.
    My main issue is maybe because i don't really understand the influence of the vowel settings on the vowels sound... :S

i'm a newbie to digial gear... The KPA is my first adventure in the digital wild wild world :)

By the way i'm thinking about ordering a banshee, do you have any advise on choosing between banshee 1 and banshee 2? do they sound same?

• Noob question: don't you think that it's not that hard to create a talk box for modelers?
    Just take one of the outputs from the KPA (probably the fx lopp is the best solution), connect it to a small powered speaker (think to an old PC speaker) then put the whole in a funnel. Plastic tube to your mouth and microphone.
    On/off switch and return with the mic in to the AUX in.
    What do you think?

• Noob question: don't you think that it's not that hard to create a talk box for modelers?
    Just take one of the outputs from the KPA (probably the fx lopp is the best solution), connect it to a small powered speaker (think to an old PC speaker) then put the whole in a funnel. Plastic tube to your mouth and microphone.
    What do you think?

Interesting, but isn't there already a mic input that could be used?

• Yes, but if I'm not wrong the mic input is a part of the FX loop return.
    You can build your own Talk box and using it in the loop: fed by the Loop out (direct out), going into the talk box and coming back to the KPA. I think that it's the easier solution.
    Alternatively you can take just one of the outputs, but in this case you'll have to go MONO on the PA, or otherwise you have a direct sound+a talk box one.

• I uploaded a profile with a touch Talk Box in the X slot. If your pickups are louder or quieter than mine, you may have to adjust it. When you get the right amount of gain dialed in for your guitar, you can use playing dynamics to make it work.

https://soundcloud.com/pshamel…r-kpa-profiler-sound-talk

I also uploaded an Expression pedal controlled version, with a Shaper added for more harmonics:

https://soundcloud.com/pshamell/kemper-kpa-profiler-talk-box

If you have a control pedal, assigning it to the vowel wah could make it easier to use with different guitars.

What do you think?

Thanks for the idea jimmyno , i was wondering how to connect a banshee talkbox to the KPA! i will try your suggestion when i get a banshee in the future. :thumbup:

• wow, they sound good!

i have been looking for this a long time.................tomorrow I'll try them out. thanks!!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music