Kemper Profiles For Sale On Ebay..Huh?

• Don't know if this has been discussed previously.

I Just ran across an EBay listing where someone is selling 2700 Kemper profiles. He say's they are from the Rig Exchange. Anyone know if this is someone here on the forum?

Thoughts?

Here's his listing text:

KEMPER AMP PROFILES HUGE COLLECTION

AMP PROFILES Collection for

Kemper Profiling Amplifier

over 2700 Profiles/Rigs

Note: This is "NOT" a listing for a "Kemper Profiling Amplifier" - This is for a collection of Amp Profiles/Rigs for the "Kemper Profiling Amplifier" Device.

PROFILES/RIGS ONLY - NO KEMPER PROFILING AMPLIFIER

[align=start]Item Details;

[align=start]This is a huge collection of profiles / rigs for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier. I have gathered the collection from KEMPER RIG EXCHANGE database and from other sources one by one. There are over 2700 files in the collection and i believe you will be really happy after purchasing this. It is a huge time saver.[/align][align=start]More than 2700 profiles covering lots of amplifier types as Fender, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Engl, hugges & kettner, Diezel, etc....[/align][align=start]Profiles are free i am charging for the huge time i spent gathering the collection and also for the ebay ad.[/align][align=start]
    [/align][align=start]Profiles are in a zipped folder, all files are in ".KIPR" format and ready to use immediately.[/align][align=start]and also there is a document (".pdf") file that shows detailed information about all the profiles in the collection. [/align][align=start]File size : 7.04 mb zip file[/align][align=start]Shipping : FREE SHIPPING -

PAYPAL ONLY -

WORLDWIDE EMAIL DELIVERY -[/align][align=start]The collection will be emailed to you immediately after i receive payment.[/align][align=start]Feedback : I will be extremly happy if you leave a positive feedback if you are happy with the service and the product[/align][align=start]You must have a KEMPER PROFILING AMPLIFIER to use these Profiles.
    • The Collection will be
    emailed to your email address after your payment clears.
    • This collection of Profiles has 2764 files and 14 folders , so the files are in a 7.04 MB zip file.
    • No Returns / Refunds on this item.
    This is software.
    [/align][align=start]How to Use / Install the Amp Profiles / Rigs[/align]

• UnZip the zip file.
    • Just copy the files to your USB flash drive and install them to your Kemper Profiling Amplifier

[/align]

• There's gotta be some kind of legal ramification that can come of this I'm sure, even though he says you are paying for "his time spent putting them all together ".... Ya ok

• The more I think about this ( and asking my fiancé who is a lawyer :D) this would probably come down to If Kemper owns the rights to all the profiles on the rig exchange, which I'm sure somewhere in some fine print this is the case.

• this give me an idea...

i should sell a collection of 2700 funny kitten pics on ebay for 30$.

the pictures are free and you could easily find them all using google image search. but you know, it took me like 30 minutes to download them all and to create this ebay ad so i find it appropriate.

• Kemper owners should ignore him ....

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Kemper lawyers should send a letter to ebay, this guy is seling content from their webpage...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• the terms and conditions of the Rig Exchange state:

"Terms and conditions
    By uploading a public rig, you grant Kemper Amps the right to offer this profile to all members of the Kemper Profiler community. You also grant others the right to use your uploaded profiles without restrictions. Others can pass your profiles on but cannot sell them in any way. By uploading a private rig, only you can access this particular rig and nobody else can see or download it.
    You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work. Even though we do not limit the amount of rigs you can upload, please be considered and only share strong and quality creations. We reserve the right to reject a rig and modify it in order to increase its usability for other users."

• the terms and conditions of the Rig Exchange state:

"Terms and conditions
    By uploading a public rig, you grant Kemper Amps the right to offer this profile to all members of the Kemper Profiler community. You also grant others the right to use your uploaded profiles without restrictions. Others can pass your profiles on but cannot sell them in any way. By uploading a private rig, only you can access this particular rig and nobody else can see or download it.
    You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work. Even though we do not limit the amount of rigs you can upload, please be considered and only share strong and quality creations. We reserve the right to reject a rig and modify it in order to increase its usability for other users."

^ THIS

Even if this wording wasn't on the website, I wouldn't care too much about this ass hat. What are you really getting? 2700 profiles you now have to filter through to find the ones you like. Is it really saving anyone any time? Probably not. It's stupid, and anyone who would buy this rather than just auditioning profiles that receive praise here one at a time to find their tone is an idiot.

Still, this wording IS on the website and someone should contact eBay.

• Noob question: here in Italy law allows people to sell databases, even if they have been created by using free informations.
    How does it work in Germany?
    By the way this doesn't change anything: i think that nobody will drop a cent on that auction.

• The guy is apparently located in Turkey, he was selling e-books before but it looks like he stopped. He has only 10 feedbacks in the past 12 months, not that nuch business...fortunately

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Someone new to Kemper could see this auction as a good value for the money: HEY!!! 2700 RIGS!!!! WOW!!!!

But the experienced owner know that it is waayyyyy too much and that less is better as long as they are really well choosen quality rigs.

I personnaly could not sleep doing this kind of "arnaque"!

• Hmmm...I think that KPA owners are a bit more mature than to fall for that sort of scam.

Haven´t we pondered the technical pros and cons between "true tube" and "profiling"?
    Haven´t we informed ourselves in very detail even before we bought the KPA itself (I know I "owned" the manual before the amp)?

So how can a KPA owner NOT know how ridicoulos this is?!
    I think we are save here!

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx