Which features would you like to be added next?

• Now let's have a look at the results so far. :)

• Pitch Effect's (94)
      :) done
    • Performance Mode (90)
      :) almost done, has been on demo at Musikmesse
    • Play Rigs directly from USB Stick (without import) (82)
      Should be possible, but I think this would become obsolete the moment we get our hands on the librarian software and USB connectivity. Maybe not worth the effort?
    • Kemper as USB audio interface (61)
      Not very likely. CK already said it wouldn't be on the list.
    • Looper (60)
      Not sure about this one. Not enough internal memory for this kind of feature. Would require recording and playback from/to USB stick and as far as I understand some pretty heavy change to the internal signal chain? I can't imagine this to happen inside the current incarnation of the KPA.
    • Undo/Redo (53)
      Should get implemented although this wouldn't be a huge marketable feature compared to the other stuff in Kemper's pipeline.
    • Slaving & 48kHz on the S/PDIF in/out (50)
      This is a major issue for many, imho. But I don't even know if it would be technically possible with the current hardware? A comment from CK would be highly welcome!
    • Additional Delay Effect (Slot's A-D or X, Mod) (48 )
      Pre-Stack Delay sounds reasonable to me. Don't we have delay stomps already? (Not sitting in front of my lunchbox at the moment)
    • Feedback simulator (47)
      This is one of the requests I find highly interesting, although I don't have a clue how and where to add this effect. Maybe in the Amp section?
    • Spring Reverb (40)
      Hmm, not being a huge fan of spring reverbs for guitar sounds. But I can't see a reason why it shouldn't be possible and extend the KPA's capabilities for those who like it.
    • EQ block with models of different 'real' tone stacks (32)
      Not sure about this as well. Something like the cabdriver we already have? Or does this mean to mix a second amp profile (dual amping)?
    • Additional Room Effect (28 )
      :) done, as far as I understand this request
    • Polyphone Tuner (28 )
      Now that the tuner bug has been fixed, I'm very happy with the tuner we have and its precision. I'm not experienced with polyphone tuners. Have there ever been such tuners with decent precision?
    • MIDI over USB (26)
      Haven't understood why it isn't there yet. MIDI over USB is so common nowadays that this should be a no-brainer (if technically possible).
    • EQ block freely assignable before/after Amp block (19)
      This should be (relatively) low hanging fruit, I guess. A simple "pre amp" / "post amp" switch in the EQ block menu, of course.
    • Expander (9)
      With so many parameters to shape the sound, feel, interaction of the guitar and the KPA, I can't see much use in a dedicated expander. Sorry, but I'm honest here.

Now that's it for now from my side. :)
    What do you guys think about my remarks?

Cheers,
    Martin

• Looper (60)
    Not sure about this one. Not enough internal memory for this kind of feature. Would require recording and playback from/to USB stick and as far as I understand some pretty heavy change to the internal signal chain? I can't imagine this to happen inside the current incarnation of the KPA.

I could be wrong, but I believe that looper capability has been part of the KFC design from the beginning.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I could be wrong, but I believe that looper capability has been part of the KFC design from the beginning.

... which would require an audio connection between KPA and KFC. Thinking about 2-way standard MIDI plus 2-way audio ... 4 cables plus power supply, I think we can call this scenario a design flaw. :D
    So how could we get all this in one cable? Either USB ... CK mentioned that Audio over USB is not likely to happen. Or Audio over Ethernet and MIDI over Ethernet. A combined protocol was mLAN, but this Yamaha development is at EoL since 5 years.

Long writing, short meaning: I have no idea how Kemper would include Looper functionality into their KFC without using a custom cable e.g. with 2-way S/PDIF plus MIDI or Ethernet.

But if you're right I'm curious to see how they solved this problem. :)

• ... which would require an audio connection between KPA and KFC. Thinking about 2-way standard MIDI plus 2-way audio ... 4 cables plus power supply, I think we can call this scenario a design flaw. :D
    So how could we get all this in one cable? Either USB ... CK mentioned that Audio over USB is not likely to happen. Or Audio over Ethernet and MIDI over Ethernet. A combined protocol was mLAN, but this Yamaha development is at EoL since 5 years.

Long writing, short meaning: I have no idea how Kemper would include Looper functionality into their KFC without using a custom cable e.g. with 2-way S/PDIF plus MIDI or Ethernet.

But if you're right I'm curious to see how they solved this problem. :)

Larry meant that they've planned a Looper function in the KPA to be introduced by the release of the KFC (with dedicated control functions). If you read through the KFC thread the looper controls where part of the design since the beginning. Though nobody knows if it is still the case.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Someone please enlighten me. Somehow I 'm not getting the relavence of a looper in the KPA ? ?(

Because despite resistance to the notion (in general) the Kemper, like the Axe-fx, is an all-in-one unit even if effects aren't the bread and butter. A looper, while maybe not essential, is a very useful tool that even the most basic multi-effect boards have and come in cheap pedals too. Even my Peavey Vypyr had it and I used it all the time when I owned it. Great tool for learning and writing.

It is definitely happening as there is going to be a button on the KFC supposedly. The bigger question for me is will it only work with the KFC or any foot controller. It may very well store the clip on on board memory inside the KFC, who knows. ?(

• Why not?!? From the Acces Virus inventor?!?!!!!??? ;)

Lol I'm just naturally pessimistic and this would be such a fun feature IMO. But the Virus does this sort of thing in its sleep probably so... can I get my hopes up...? 8o

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• No 5 (Looper) ...would require an audio connection between KPA and KFC. Thinking about 2-way standard MIDI plus 2-way audio ... 4 cables plus power supply, I think we can call this scenario a design flaw. So how could we get all this in one cable? Either USB ... CK mentioned that Audio over USB is not likely to happen. Or Audio over Ethernet and MIDI over Ethernet. A combined protocol was mLAN, but this Yamaha development is at EoL since 5 years.
    Long writing, short meaning: I have no idea how Kemper would include Looper functionality into their KFC without using a custom cable e.g. with 2-way S/PDIF plus MIDI or Ethernet. But if you're right I'm curious to see how they solved this problem.

Good points...Ok - so obviously the Looper will have to be internal to the KPA and controlled via 2 way midi on the KPC

No 5: Looper (60): Not sure about this one. Not enough internal memory for this kind of feature. Would require recording and playback from/to USB stick and as far as I understand some pretty heavy change to the internal signal chain? I can't imagine this to happen inside the current incarnation of the KPA.

Ah... more good points. In another thread (below) we were talking about moving the stereo FX loops to the end of the signal chain in order to capture delay and reverb in external loopers. Might be more complex than I first thought though...
    Opening up slots...
    But the looper IS an advertised feature and has been for a while... Anyone got any good guesses how it will be implemented? Idle Sunday morning speculation...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• More delay options.
    The capability to mix two microphones. The return input is stereo and i think one TS input is linked to the XLR. We could use two microphones and mix/blend them into the KPA.

• With the new Pitch Shifter and the adjustable tuner function I,m very satisfied. :thumbup:
    Thanks Mr. Kemper and team!!! :thumbup:
    Now my Kemper is an almost perfect sounding and working instrument and it would be perfectioned only in a few functions to fulfill all my needs. :P

Here is a kind of list of them:

-arpeggiator, slicer
    -Performance Mode and/or configurable CC change assigns with two way MIDI communication
    -playing Rigs directly from USB or Stick (without import)
    -delay, tone, panorama parameters on Pitch Effects
    -editor/librarian
    -USB MIDI and audio connectivity/communication with computer
    -48kHz S/PDIF in/out and slave mode
    -insert delay
    -ducking parameter in Vibrato effect
    -feedback simulator effect
    -pedal stomp delay
    -full adjustable and storeable parametric EQ on all inputs and outputs
    -uppgradable memory which can be attached in the KPAs backing hole for the future features like looper, parallel amps and effects chain....

.......and Who knows???? ;)

MORE IDEEAS, Please???? ;)

• .......and Who knows???? ;)

MORE IDEEAS, Please???? ;)

I already mentioned:
    since I suppose KPA runs some kind of operating system, I'd suggest a SW driver for one of the common bluetooth micro USB dongles like this to be applied on the back port, so that some kind of remote control can be implemented, whether via a proprietary controller (the one had been discussed here in the forums?) , or via an android/ios device...

• Also sort of beat synched fx a la AdrenaLinn box would be cool to have...

As an evolution of tremolo, randomly (or not randomly) sequenced volume and filter sweep are not very common ...
    look here to have an idea (but no need of the drum machine!)

• - more subtle gain stomps
    - editing software to type in tags and assign midi commands and basically organize library
    - pitch fx, harmonizer and whammy
    - "compare" feature to see if the changes you made actually improved the rig