Anyone interested in a really pristine expression pedal?

• Ok, now it is certain: no hope at all to convince Mr Hilton to produce an expression type of pedal.

I occupied the Effects Loop to connect my Hilton volume pedal. And in some way or another I seem to get along with this, there is good and bad in this solution.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Last Tuesday I was contacting the KEMPER support in order to ask for the right values and pin-assignments at the KPA's Switch/Pedal TRS-jacks for an expression pedal. After keeping me hanging for almost a week without an answer, Burkhard yesterday then deigned to drop me an answer: the KEMPER company is not willing to support the development of "complementary products".

I just stumbled over this misleading statement. In fact we have been and are actively working with various other companies' experts to develop complementary products. Uno4Kemper is an excellent example.

When you raised your request back in February you were mentioning, that you are no techncial expert, I transmitted clarifying comments and questions from our engineering team on Feb 25th and after clarification you got the following documented answer - in native language - on Feb 27th.:

nach Auskunft steht der KPA default auf "Roland", d.h. Schleifer auf "TIP" und Potiende auf "Ring". der Widerstandswert sollte 10K - 100K betragen und linear sein. Generell ist die Zuordnung am Klinkenstecker frei definierbar und der Range kann kalibriert werden.

• I just stumbled over this misleading statement. In fact we have been and are actively working with various other companies' experts to develop complementary products. Uno4Kemper is an excellent example.

When you raised your request back in February you were mentioning, that you are no techncial expert, I transmitted clarifying comments and questions from our engineering team on Feb 25th and after clarification you got the following documented answer - in native language - on Feb 27th.:

nach Auskunft steht der KPA default auf "Roland", d.h. Schleifer auf "TIP" und Potiende auf "Ring". der Widerstandswert sollte 10K - 100K betragen und linear sein. Generell ist die Zuordnung am Klinkenstecker frei definierbar und der Range kann kalibriert werden.

Some clarifications just for the records of whoever is interested in this:

1) It took a week indeed from my first email to KEMPER support until your first answer. I still have the emails here.
    My first question was Feb 19th, the first human answer came in Feb 25th, the solution (with the values and pot-contacts) came Feb 27th.

2) My statement "the KEMPER company is not willing to support the development of "complementary products"" is not a quotation from any Kemper personel. It was just my personal interpretation of the situation. I should have made this clearer.

3) Yes, later, after a bit of to and fro per email (and after another frustrated post on the forum) you ultimately sent me all the info needed by email. I forgot to mention it here on the forum. But you could have done it yourself – if it is so important for you?
    Well, now you did.
    Period.

BTW: I put those values in the wiKPA. Maybe someone else will build the KPexp pedal.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited once, last by fretboardminer ().

• Dear Olaf,

I have read the full communication now, and I remember I was involved. Since Burkhard does not have deep knowledge about technical facts, that don't belong to the FAQ, he forwarded this question to me back in February. It was on my desk for a few days, before I answered. I am bringing this topic back, because you seem to be a quite demanding guy, and you linked to this thread from an actual thread. I haven't been aware of this thread yet.

If you don't hear back from our support immediately, it might be that your request was lower priorized compared to questions of other users for instant trouble shooting or improving our product in general.
    You could have found the information you needed simply by googling expression pedals for 15 min, and by measuring the voltage on the jack by yourself.
    In this case it was my personal priorization, that you got an answer not before a week. Other companies would not have answered at all to a question, that is technically trivial to those, that have skills to make their own expression pedal.

• Dear Olaf,

I have read the full communication now, and I remember I was involved. Since Burkhard does not have deep knowledge about technical facts, that don't belong to the FAQ, he forwarded this question to me back in February. It was on my desk for a few days, before I answered. I am bringing this topic back, because you seem to be a quite demanding guy, and you linked to this thread from an actual thread. I haven't been aware of this thread yet.

"I have read the full communication now" <=> "I remember I was involved" <=> "I haven't been aware of this thread yet."

Dear Christoph,
    I do certainly not believe, that you might ever have read any "full communication" at all. What. So. Ever. !!!

If you don't hear back from our support immediately, it might be that your request was lower priorized compared to questions of other users for instant trouble shooting or improving our product in general.

Thanx, HAL, I love you!

In this case it was my personal priorization, that you got an answer not before a week. Other companies would not have answered at all to a question, that is technically trivial to those, that have skills to make their own expression pedal.

We are talking about a support issue that I stated half a year ago and that, from my side is solved long time ago!

www.audiosemantics.de