Fizz on Kemper (audio clip)

• Anybody have this problem with the Kemper?? Little bit of fizz on the top end on sustained chords/notes, etc. Listen to after the chord hits...turn it up.... Anyone else hearing that?? The signal isn't going into the red. This happens on numerous profiles.

Any work arounds, do I have a defective unit? Or is this a problem with all Kempers??? Is this on Kemper's radar, maybe a fix in a new firmware?

Thanks

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21345873/distortion.mp3

Edited once, last by mingo ().

• You might want to check your speakers for something loose or damaged....I'm not hearing anything.

• Yes, I can hear it, although I didn't notice it so far in the profiles I usually play.
    And by the way, you can even see it pretty clearly if you watch the MP3 file in a spectral frequency display.
    Roughly between 1.6kHz and 6kHz you can see some vertical lines that don't belong to the actual guitar sound.
    After 5.5s these lines disappear.

No clue what is the cause of this. But it's there.

• Thanks for the response. It's really clear through my studio monitors on the sustain of the chord.

I did a system reset by holding down the system button while turning it on.... I think this solved the issue, I have to do some more testing.

I got this from the wiKPA document.....I think i was hearing aliasing!?

"

After doing a bit of research this is the procedure that seems to work to cure all aliasing, output, gain, noise, pop, clicks and other misc odd things. I believe the reason for this is extremely corrupted system settings. It seems to occur out of the box. Simply upgrading firmware does not fix the corruption nor does deleting rigs."

Yes, I can hear it, although I didn't notice it so far in the profiles I usually play.
    And by the way, you can even see it pretty clearly if you watch the MP3 file in a spectral frequency display.
    Roughly between 1.6kHz and 6kHz you can see some vertical lines that don't belong to the actual guitar sound.
    After 5.5s these lines disappear.

No clue what is the cause of this. But it's there.

Edited once, last by mingo ().

• Sounds to me as if it's due to the MP3-processing - or some sort of dithering problem. That's what it sounds like to me. If you hear that through the headphones (in the Kemper) it's worth checking out what brings this about. If not, there must be some other issues in your chain.

• You know what i'm talking about..... This isn't an mp3 or dithering problem either, it's in the headphones jack of the kemper as well.

It's a little better if I turn the master volume down so it's not hitting as hard into Pro Tools but it's still there. I sent a support email to Kemper two days ago, waiting to hear back.

1 second after he picks the strings turn up the volume to maximum and you'll hear some non-rythmic fizz signals in the upper frequencies in the very background until 5.5 seconds.
    As I wrote before, you can even see it in a frequency spectrum display.

• Yeah I can hear it, almost like a very slight distortion.Not sure what this would be but in my short time of using the Kemper I've noticed that you do have to be careful on all the input and output settings.The led indicators are just that - 'indicative' rather than bang on showing every transient there. If I didn't know anything else abut the profile and settings I would say it does sound like a very slight gain is kicking in there, or possibly it wasn't a 100% clean profile to start off with.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• I think I had a similar issue again more noticeable on cleaner profiles.I did a full factory restore as per the unofficial manual you'll find on the forum.It seems to have cured this problem for me.do a backup first of course!!

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Through the help of the amp factory and the unofficial manual I found out about the reset curing some weirdness and it did. I'm once again very happy with the Kemper!

Thank for your help and input Mic2002!

• Definitely! Backup first. This below worked for me, good luck, let me know if this helps!

To reset the (corrupt) System settings do like this:
    (Note: All your system settings will be erased - but not your rigs!!)

• Switch the main knob to off
    • wait a few seconds
    • hold the 'System' key
    • while still holding the 'System' key - switch KPA to tuner

Hi There,
    New Kemper owner here and I have this exact problem. Could you please confirm how you did the reset to fix this?
    Many Thanks!
    James