How about to work on KPA main market advantage , instead to waste a time by fulfilling axe oriented demands ??

• This thread is all about real, organic, natural amp sound , mostly known as a crunch, brown and nice saturated, distorted tone , as a main KPA marketing advantage .

How about to increase even further that main KPA advantage , which cannot be find in any another device up to date .
    I am happy with the level of KPA achievements , but there is still room for improvement .

Instead to waste his time on "axe wise " demands , as librarian , pitch , harmonizer , viola , air-conditioner, Bluetooth ,washing machine, GPS , Russian Girls Finder, Facebook and Tweeter effects into Kemper , Mr. CK should strengthened his position by making KPA organic sound even more natural , especially when high level of crunch and distortion is on the table .

Removing aliasing effect was wrong movement , since the result was not more organic , but more artificial - axe wise sound .

On that way , Mr CK shoot him self in the foot , but I hope he will realize it , and comeback to his only possible way of doing it , and that way is unconditional further work on real amp sound , real brutal distortion , real crunch and real brownysh sound , which represents (almost forgotten ) KPA main merket advantage .

Hope you will find positive vibrations and good intentions in above objections , and stick to the original KPA marketing strategy and philosophy .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 7 times, last by Rescator ().

• that ! :D

• I kindly disagree, the changes made are, for my use and my ears, an improvement to the original tone. I agree that some request (custom scale pitch shifter, IMO) is a bit of a stretch, but the rest is quite reasonable.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I can agree with you ,no problem, but -
    please , tell me :
    1. what is the main KPA market advantage ?
    2. what work and improvement has been done on it as from the KPA release up to date ?
    Thanks !

:D

• I can't speak for everyone, but it seems to me that the point is that not everyone shares your judgement over the overall KPA sound, and over a possible change (for the worse) with the latest FW. This includes Kemper themselves, apparently. It's hard to focus on something there's no agreement on...

As for the endless list of requests which cram this forum, there's perhaps no need to point out that Kemper have confirmed they are working on a very small percentage of them. So not necessarily (and actually seldom) a request turns into a distraction for the devs.

Just my point of view, of course :)

• +1 on the Russian Girl Finder. 8)

As for your other request, I think a lot will agree on focusing on the core sound, but it has to be asked at this point what further refinements are you seeking - you got any specific ideas? The removal of the aliasing was an effort to focus on the core sound (must admit I never really noticed this... Cloth ears I must have). What sound are you not able to currently get? Perhaps there is already a way of achieving it...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Coming from the AxeFx one of the most important statements is IMHO this:

"Future proof
    Our frequent firmware updates will always be free of charge and a new OS version will never alter the sound of your existing rigs."

So future versions will NOT alter the basic sound.

The biggest KPA sound improvement is to use great profiles.
    I am very happy with my KPA sound - so happy that I start to sell some tube amps from my collection - I never thought I would.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• This.
    Obviously some improvements can be made. I think to the original tonestacks and pre/post tonestack option, or to a deeper profiling which might "read" the actual tonestack or the gain knob range.
    But you cannot think to go on without developing what the biggest part of user ask, like Perform mode and a Librarian.

• IMO the OP's post is way too exaggerating, sorry!

IIRC CK once stated that the profiling engine has been unchanged for a long time (for years).
    So don't expect any 'epiphanies' à la Cliff Chase when he (again and again) thought to have reinvented the wheel once again.
    I think (and hope) we'll see some small refinements and some additions for convenience's sake but nothing drastic.

• I agree that some request (custom scale pitch shifter, IMO) is a bit of a stretch, but the rest is quite reasonable.

What I find a bit of a stretch is you have 5445 posts (UFB) and you still have time to diss my request.

If you don't understand the importance of what I'm actually asking for keep your comments to yourself.

Jesus, get a life and give the forum a break.

• Thanks TMW , that was an answer I was looking for .
    If I read very well what CK said :
    1. KPA team will stay focused on amp tone and
    2. P rofiling can be improved .
    That's all I wanted to knew , and that was all what this post is about .
    So, it seems OP post was an example of exaggeration with the purpose.
    ps (Russian Girl Finder is better than librarian , btw :D )

For those interested at about 11:25 in this interview there's a short comment from CK on possible improvement of profiling and whether there's any plans regarding that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytHeyQ3KiEg

• What I find a bit of a stretch is you have 5445 posts (UFB) and you still have time to diss my request.

If you don't understand the importance of what I'm actually asking for keep your comments to yourself.

You mean that people is allowed to express an opinion only if they agree with you? Very interesting... :thumbdown:
    I don't doubt that to you it is very important, to others not. Cope with it.
    I also suggest to express yourself in more polite way, nobody was attacking yourself, I was just expressing my opinion.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You mean that people is allowed to express an opinion only if they agree with you? Very interesting... :thumbdown:
    I don't doubt that to you it is very important, to others not. Cope with it.
    I also suggest to express yourself in more polite way, nobody was attacking yourself, I was just expressing my opinion.

Please express yourself, it's a forum after all.

I expressed myself and you've had your turn.

You diss (question & potentially park) my request and I diss you.

I see this as an even exchange on a forum.

I look forward to questioning and putting a negative on your comments and requests going forward. (Now that's interesting)

• What I find a bit of a stretch is you have 5445 posts (UFB) and you still have time to diss my request.

I'm very proud of the way the Profiler users choose to communicate with each other in this forum.

Your post on the other hand is not acceptable.
    So someone doesn't agree that X is necessary, while you think it is - big deal.

The tone/politeness of many forums has been steadily declining, but I that'll not happen here.

• this ends here.

• If you think that my opinion has more weight then your one for the Kemper team then you're way wrong. I'm not in the position to park anything, I'm just a user like anybody else. My high post count is due only to the fact that I've invested a lot of time trying to help other people and share my findings to contribute to the community. Is the second time that you feel like attacking me personally when I'm not questioning you personally, just saying that the specific request may be a bit of a stretch (not useless nor stupid) for a unit like the Kemper (though noting that to you IS important).
    I kindly ask you to take a deep breath and consider whether you really want to go ahead with this kind of beheaviour. Nobody is interested in this kind of discussions here.

• My high post count is due only to the fact that I've invested a lot of time trying to help other people and share my findings to contribute to the community.

And I, for one, truly appreciate all that you contribute to this forum, Davide. :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• The tone/politeness of many forums has been steadily declining, but I that'll not happen here.

It is not only about tone and politeness. It is also about absorbing energy and time that might be needed elsewhere for example in answering really down to earth questions of other users. I am one of those users who is really thankful for the lots of good and helpful exchange in this forum and I don't want to see the talent and profound knowledge of people like Davide or even Christoph being wasted on taming flamewars.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.