Suhr GG

• Any one here with one ? im thinking of buying one but im unsure about the bridge (510 2-Post Solid Saddles recess)... Does it gives so many trouble like a floyd every time i restring or the adjust are easy ?

Thanks

• Hi,

I'm a happy owner of a Suhr Modern GG, with some custom variations. (Different color scheme, removed the Tremol-no)

I also have a Suhr Pro S3 that I also like as much, IMHO Suhr is among the top guitar makers in the world, who's the best is a matter of taste.

Regarding the trem, it as easy/difficult as restringing a standard fender trem. Actually a bit easier due to the locking tuners.
    I usually change one sting at a time, but when I do a bigger maintenance, I usually put a piece of wood or something to block the trem jsut to save me a bit of winding...

/Janne

• Any one here with one ? im thinking of buying one but im unsure about the bridge (510 2-Post Solid Saddles recess)... Does it gives so many trouble like a floyd every time i restring or the adjust are easy ?

Thanks

go for it. i'm one of the big floyd haters and the tremolo on the suhr gg has nothing to do with it. you even have the tremolNO option, just tighten two little screws on the back and you can drop-tune to where ever you like... you even feel the added sustain! if you feel like diving again, just undo these screws and off you go... maybe not like swinging around your guitar by the whammy bar alone, but it stays in tune better than any other guitar i have. (no floyd in my house...) playability is insane and you get a lot of different tones... and good ones too. not refined super-vintage ones, but a very broad selection of very usable rather modern tones. maybe think of it like a hypercharged analogue emulation of some variax approach. not a real tele, not a real les paul, not a real es, not a real strat, but close enough for dirty shredding... :thumbup:

ps: i have a "fucked up antique modern" one and i really like it's unterstatement. people always ask me where i found that ugly beast (they're used to see me with a nice 57 gold top these days) but they usually shut up quickly when they hear or play it... :P

• Well, for the first reason... I actually use the trem a lot, small touches, accents and so on.
    So I never used the tremolo-no... and then these damned screws often fell off and had me hunting around the floor too often.
    And when played without an amp, the rattling from the Tremol-no assembly drove me nuts...

So I just removed it.
    And I have to say that Suhrs customer support are second to none...
    I mailed them and wanted to buy a new backplate, I had one with cut-outs for the tremolo-no.
    2 days later DHL drove up and delivered one to me for free! (US to Sweden!) :thumbup:

• Thank you guys, this guitar seems to have a unique tone but borrow some textures from others major models giving it a wide versatility 8) .

So if i change 1 string (same guage and brand) at a time i wont have to adjust the intonation and tension etc ?

• Best guitar I´ve ever had! And... best trem system on the planet! Be sure, you will love it!
    I had different guitars from all the brands out there, but since I found the GG, the search is over - also with the KPA!
    The GG into the Kemper and you are happy!
    I just cannot wait to see the KPA footswitch, then my setup is perfect!
    If you can afford one - buy one!!!

Best regards, Mario

• Guys i think you got me sold on this :rolleyes: (maybe a GG Trans Charcoal Burst) since i have the kemper and a good amplification system my amp gas has stoped, now the guitar and audio interface are last ones. I give the guitar preference because its what inspire me more and all starts there.

• That's great service from Suhr!
    I love the tremol-no and have it in many guitars. Very easy to go from hardtail to floating trem in a few seconds.
    A great tip to never lose the small tremol-no screws is to use one dental floss thread (or similar) and tie it and wrap each end of the thread around both screw threads. The screws will never come loose or wiggle this way.
    I also tie and wrap dental floss thread around my stratocasters tremolo arms screw threads so the arms can't wiggle around and they stay in the position I set them in.

Some great products needs additional tricks from the users to work 100%
    Another good example is every guitar strap. I would never use one without security locks so the guitar can't drop to the ground.

• They can make you one with the same specs and finishing has GG but without his name. Some of the suhr GG production model are still in the shops :thumbup: i plan to buy it this week because i dont want to wait 6 to 9 months.

• That's great service from Suhr!
    I love the tremol-no and have it in many guitars. Very easy to go from hardtail to floating trem in a few seconds.
    A great tip to never lose the small tremol-no screws is to use one dental floss thread (or similar) and tie it and wrap each end of the thread around both screw threads. The screws will never come loose or wiggle this way.
    I also tie and wrap dental floss thread around my stratocasters tremolo arms screw threads so the arms can't wiggle around and they stay in the position I set them in.

Some great products needs additional tricks from the users to work 100%
    Another good example is every guitar strap. I would never use one without security locks so the guitar can't drop to the ground.

Thats a great help thanks!

• yeah, thanks for the tips & explanations, although i honestly never had any of the associated problems with mine... just solid and reliable performance.