fremen

• There is this guy "fremen" on TGP that has some really cool KPA patches. (some might remember him from his 40 minute noodling video)

His blog is:
    http://axefremen.blogspot.com/

And the downloads for the KPA on that page are:
    http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/TDR_Profiles.rar
    (right click, save as)

I got his presets and IR's for my ULTRA and they are excellent.

These are very cool. Check him out if you own KPA or Fractal.

(Moderator, can you move this to "Free rigs and profiles"? I originally put it here because I thought fremen accepted donations, I was mistaken, he said he will make them for FREE for us!)

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• I didn't know that or I would have probably added it.

But that said, don't let that prejudice anyone against trying them out. They sound way better than the other profiles I've ever heard of Axe presets.

Probably because Fremen has a genius when it comes to tweaking his presets. He could make a Kazoo sound like a Violin!

• Not to stir the pot, but it might be useful to mention I have used these profiles and they sound and feel amazing. YMMV but I love the profiles fremen made. He has a great ear for tone and honestly I hope he makes more.

Yea, they surprised me. After reading they were profiles of a modeler I was thinking it would be lifeless but they are pretty good, better than a lot of 'real amp' profiles I've tried.
    I wonder if they are profiled direct or played through a speaker and profiled with a mic?

• He has a blog about what he did:
    http://axefremen.blogspot.com/

I didn't read the entire thing but it appears he went direct, but he wasn't trying to replicate the Axe, he was tweaking to make something that sounded good to his ears.

It's what he does best!

BTW, How DARE Kemper owners not think the Kemper can improve on the sounds of modelers! ;)

• Not sorry to drag this thread from the dead.

Heard fremen doing a video of some of his FXII profiles on the Kemper.
    I've followed his site and talked with him since getting his ULTRA presets and being blown away by how
    great he made that unit sound.

The last we heard of this being done in batch form was from Armin on v7 I think?

This is v12, and pretty cool to hear:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gmYOCfQe8

• I've had the original Fremen Profiles on my KPA since the day he kindly shared them.

Fremen is using forum member Nikko's Kemper to make these Profiles, they're our Mauritian friends. :thumbup:

Are these new 98 Profiles available for download?

KILLER guitar player!!!

• fremen is in a minority of guys that gets great sounds out of the II IMO

notice he uses 3rd party IR's for a large amount of his patches ...I didn't start getting good results until I did the same

thats why I'm puzzled sometimes when people ask me to profile a certain axe-fx model stock because it probably is going to sound like shit

back to the 12 question some of his patches would be hard to profile unless you had those IR's

• Caveman1, i've got a proposition. YGPM :)

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• On TGP fremen has just written he's posted the90+ profiles from Axe's last update a few weeks ago but has removed them since.
    Very interested in hearing/trying them, should anyone have saved them please PM me. Thanks in advance for your time :)

• These profiles have been made with my Kemper.
    The Youtube video is by Fremen himself. He's the only guy i know here in mauritius getting very good tones out of any gear :)
    He didn't released these new profiles publicly but try to contact him on TGP or send me a PM with your email and i'll ask him to contact you.

i'm still using the cornford and friedman profiles from his first batch as my main lead patches.
    i did not have the occasion to try the new profiles live with my band but they are amazing and the Jvm profile is actually spot on compared to my marshall Jvm.

• I've been able to play these profiles and they are indeed awesome.

They are commercial quality for sure. Some really great tones there.

He initially spoke about offering them commercially, but is concerned about backlash perhaps.
    I urged him to offer them, as they are really good, but the decision is his alone.

I'm sure he's interested in how much interest people would have in such a collection.

These are FXII profiles, roughly somewhere between 80-110 of them on software v12

If interested, yes, follow up and let him know you are interested in them.

I had his ULTRA presets and was amazed at how well he dialed in tones. He's got a great ear for tone.

• I've played them also and only a few were usable for me. The acoustic rig is really good. Most have that high freq Axe sound.

I would not buy them if they were for sale... But then again that's just me. YMMV

• I've played them also and only a few were usable for me. The acoustic rig is really good. Most have that high freq Axe sound.

I would not buy them if they were for sale... But then again that's just me. YMMV

the profiles you tested are the 15 old ones that he made 10 months ago, he never released the second batch to anyone but db9091 and me.

@ db9091, as I understand, he asked you to beta test his new profiles?"