New Kemper rack owners comments?

• It's nice to see that we have created a demand for something that has not been offered before.
    The Profiler head is probably the only device that has led collar around soft knobs that are directly supported by a display at the same time. Kinda overdosed but great.

The Rack does not have the collars, but you can see the values at any time in the display. Only exeption is Volume.
    The collars simply don't fit in the 3 spaces, as the display takes more space internally than you can see from outside. Even without, there is not a single millimeter of headroom.
    The two MOD knobs had to go by the same reasons, but this not a big sacrifice either, since all these parameters are accessible through the display.

• Thanks Mr Kemper for the response.

Obviously without using a rack unit it is a little difficult to just assume its easier or harder to use in real life so to speak, but I did feel the rack would be a better choice for my needs... same sound of course.The buyer bought my white toaster today so it is choice time again. But I'm going to the Music Messe if I can crib my way in there on the 10th (the only day I can as I have other business in Germany much further north). If I get in I'll call around assuming you guys are there (which I guess you will be) and take a look at the rack.
    If I don't get in there (maybe because they might not let me in before 12th) then Ill order one in probably Thomann who have a policy of returns in case I change my mind back to the toaster ;-)I also would have liked to see stereo power on there, but that was not to be... so I'll be buying a none powered unit either way.I appreciate greatly that you have spent the time to reply and I am looking forward to getting either one or the other to replace the one I sold today so I could upgrade to a rack.Thanks. ;)

Careful I'm watching you...

• Hey Tony, never had a problem to get in as a trade visitor, just give a business card with the name of your company and you'll get a ticket. They just try to keep the kids away in those days.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Let's all admit we may be spoiled by this amazing technology....in fact, the complaints I read about this or that missing from the rack unit, compared to the "toaster", pretty much baffle me. Use the store button, when you are at home, or in rehearsal, and you shouldn't have to use ANY knobs, while performing. When I perform live, the only thing I may have to adjust on the fly, is the volume, and I grab my mixer volume, and turn it up. Very simple, no LEDs are necessary at all. No mod dials, no rate dials...period. You do those adjustments before you gig, and if you don't, I would recommend that you give It a try. It makes life on stage, a beautiful thing...just "shut up and play your guitar" ...Zappa had a good point there. Pick, don't "fiddle".....my rack doesn't need adjustment in public, we work things out in private and I love it!!!!!!! :thumbup: no Barzinni please!!! 8)

• Hey Tony, never had a problem to get in as a trade visitor, just give a business card with the name of your company and you'll get a ticket. They just try to keep the kids away in those days.

That's true. No explanation required. You can even buy your ticket this way online beforehand.
    Do it, Tony! ;)

Gret... Thanks Guiternet70 for that info.... then Ill be there :)

• Gret... Thanks Guiternet70 for that info.... then Ill be there :)

Hi guitarnet70 I have another question you might know the answer to...
    I can buy the tickets with an option for transport.... I will be in Hannover prior to the show (on the 10th) but do you know if its worth buying those tickets and would that ticket include train from Hannover and back?
    Its all a little vague on the messe site...
    Any advice is appreciated.
    thanks

• I got my Toaster about 2 weeks before NAMM and wondered if I should have waited, or was still within my 30 days at GC, return it and get in line for a Rack.

But I prefer the portability by hand of the Toaster, and really love the LEDs. Now if I gigged, I'd probably prefer the rack. You should probably have pre-set most of your knobs anyway, and the interface is STILL effluent compared to most other similar units. Only Kemper can outdo Kemper on that easy-of-Interface.

I also like the lighter color. I think the dark color is a passing fad that will be considered dated!

:D

(joke!)