I have raw *.wav files of tele and I want to play them through Kemper Profling Amplifier

• Hi

I just got *.wav files with raw telecaster recordings. I would like them to be played by Kemper. This way I would know, how this tele would sound through Kemper and through my speakers, through particular profiles.

Is this that complex reamping thing which I should do? I never managed to understand it... I have S/PDIF equipped interface. Could you give me the simplest way to connect all gear with cables, to hear how this raw tele samples would sound using my shiny toaster?

Thanks for understanding

• I think you need a reamping box between your computer interface or .wave sound source and the Kemper.

That is, something like Radial Pro RMP to change your .wav file into an electronic signal equal to an input guitar signal as it enters the Kemper..

THEN the Kemper can do it's thing from that corrected signal.

Search "Reamping" here on the forum or Google "reamping kemper"

Edited 3 times, last by db9091 ().

• You don't need a re-amp device at all.

Just route the the track from your daw to your SPDIF out, on the KPA input section enable SPDIF in, and then record the SPDIF out from the KPA to your interface SPDIF in in your DAW on another track, hit play + record and you're done.

Also just for those that don't know your KPA is a reamping box, you can use the same route to reamp through a real amp if you use the direct output on the back of your KPA to then send the signal on to your amplifier.

• You don't need a re-amp device at all.

Just route the the track from your daw to your SPDIF out, on the KPA input section enable SPDIF in, and then record the SPDIF out from the KPA to your interface SPDIF in in your DAW on another track, hit play + record and you're done.

Also just for those that don't know your KPA is a reamping box, you can use the same route to reamp through a real amp if you use the direct output on the back of your KPA to then send the signal on to your amplifier.

Ufffff you saved my life. I got scared after two initial responses. Buying even more gear to re-amp? No way!

So to sum up:

1) I insert raw track in my DAW + I route output of this track to S/PDIF out of my interface
    2) I connect S/PDIF output of my interface to S/PDIF input of Kemper, I enable S/PDIF in Kempera in INPUT section.
    3) I connect Kemper's S/PDIF output to interaface's S/PDIF input.
    4) I create new track in DAW and I select interaface's S/PDIF as input.
    5) Hit play and record? (Can it be done simoultanelously? I use reaper...)

• That´s right. Don´t know about Reaper but with Cubase it´s no problem. I always recommend routing the dry track that you want to reamp to the SPDIF output while using another ouput of your interface to route your other tracks incl. the monitoring of the SPDIF input. You have to make sure not to create a loop when you send the incoming SPDIF signal back to the SPDIF out.

• [quote='Per',index.php?page=Thread&postID=73422#post73422]I got scared after two initial responses.

Just to clarify my prior answer:
    Sadly, S/PDIF with KPA is not an option for me, since I can't switch my whole environment down to 44.1kHz and I can't have everything slaved to the KPA's S/PDIF signal.
    I'm pretty sure this situation was an oversight from CK, that might be difficult to fix now. Anyway, I'm stuck to analog signal I/O with the KPA.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Yep, all you need it the Kemper (it's like the song - All you need is love ;)). Restricted to 44.1 Khz though - not a huge issue for me right now - Im still happy with the quality I get out of this.

Dont forget to set the clock source on the audio interface to 'S/PDIF' though - it's usually set to 'Internal' on my interface.

You should be all set.