I Can't Wait for 1.70!

• I don't know. I'm leery. 2.0 just might replace the guitarist!

Well, since I've had the KPA I've long been the weak link in my signal chain. By rights I should be replaced...hopefully I'll still be allowed to hear what get produced and I can pass it off as my own... 8)

Any likely bets for the ETA for the next update - trying to remember when the last beta dropped... oh yes... I remember now, there was a small thread on it...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• My bet on the next public beta firmware is March 20 ... this should give enough time to finalize a release version until Musikmesse.
    Can't see good reason to provide the next public beta much earlier. And I really hope that there will be another public beta after the kind of weird experience last time. ;)

• My bet on the next public beta firmware is March 20 ... this should give enough time to finalize a release version until Musikmesse.
    Can't see good reason to provide the next public beta much earlier. And I really hope that there will be another public beta after the kind of weird experience last time. ;)

Yeah. I would imagine there might be more private beta tests going straight to release at this point, not a bad thing really...

• whatever, but please just don't touch the AMP TONE in the new release .... (except if you want to improve it 8) )

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I came across this today on TGP. A member said that the lack of "improvement" with firmware upgrades for the KPA was not as good as the constant improvements for the AXE.

I'm like "I profiled my Swart. The Kemper sounds like my Swart. If CK 'improved' the KPA to alter my amp tone, after selling my Swart, I'd be PO'd!"

You want the sound you captured. If that's good, then it should stay that way. Yeah, I get 'improvements' in terms of aliasing or other digital aberrations, but not material changes in the tube sound of my profiled amp tone.

That's just plain nuts.

• One more day of waiting the 1.7 beta...
    One more day to explore the deepness of my KPAs beutifull and inegalable sounds....
    Can it be better sounding in the future?
    Who knows, but I know that I like it so much now...., for me the midi communication possibilityies, and some effects absence are maybe the only missing links sometimes......

• One more day of waiting the 1.7 beta...
    One more day to explore the deepness of my KPAs beutifull and inegalable sounds....
    Can it be better sounding in the future?
    Who knows, but I know that I like it so much now...., for me the midi communication possibilityies, and some effects absence are maybe the only missing links sometimes......

Completely agree, nothing better than this, in terms of sound, I would imagine to ask, only midi and effects improvements!

• Yeah, I mentioned on TGP that always bashing the previous firmware version for the new firmware version was negative marketing for a beta tester.

Scott blew a fuse at the use of the word "marketing" and a fight ensued where he said he was free to state his opinion anytime and denied any gag order (despite signing a Non-Disclosure) or Marketing (but announcing upcoming new features or pushing promotional clips of new amp presets is just for plain ol' fun) or being Controlled (but posts he was "given clearance" to post clips) or Befitting (but getting firmware upgrades before everyone else is no benefit personally, right?) Unbelievable denials.

The Head-in-the-Hole ostrich-like behavior is rife by such beta testers posing as little ol' consumers when it's totally Guerrilla Marketing. Which is fine by me, if you are upfront when confronted.

But my claim still stands, every time you bash your former upgrade's amp tone, it appears as if you haven't arrived yet at a final great tone for your product. That could cause some people to not buy your product. Hence "negative" marketing.

My pet peeve is the Fractal FX II manual touts it's bottom-up approach of component modeling and making fun of wave shaping top-down profiling. Yet they introduced Tone Shaping, MIMIC that can model top-down and refine the EQ spectrum. Just like Isotope's Ozone. Uh... what? Didn't you just do what you bashed?

OK, that's a cool upgrade, but stop pretending your strictly modeling from the bottom up. That approach apparently doesn't get you totally there.

• Look, I'm a beta tester for one of these modeling companies. I have a signed NDA with them, and yes, I receive "compensation" from them in the form of free gear or other goodies. But even so, I was specifically told by them that I'm under no obligation to speak well of their products in a public forum, or to market for them. So I believe Scott when he's saying that he's doing this for "fun" and that he hasn't been told what to say. He's a true believer and is speaking from his own heart and mind. This is coming to you from someone accused by Cliff Chase himself of being a "shill" for another company.

I think it's counter productive for Kemper users to bash on Fractal or the Axe. It makes the Kemper community look petty. We like the product we like. And we can even find things we like about the others. They're all just boxes with circuits on the inside.