New KPA Rack owner

• Hello everyone,
    I've had the Rack for a couple of weeks now, and it is really a smile maker! Can't get enough! Happy, happy, happy!!!
    I am using my VG 99 through the spdif of the KPA, which is too cool, but it seems I have to check the spdif box on input
    everytime I turn it on, even though I have stored the rig. I am missing something here, perhaps. Is there a way to store the spdif in, per patch, globally, or anyway at all? I am running channel A from the 99, with no COSM amp, into the KPA spdif in, and then the main outs of the 99, into the effect returns of the KPA in stereo. When I have them together like that, it is such an amazing sound, so I store the rig, but the next day, I must choose the spdif input again, and the mix level of the stereo effects(99), is not where I left it on that patch, but rather where I left it when I shut it down for the evening. Any help would be really appreciated.
    When I first got the rack, I just played straight in, with nothing else, and was blown away! But when I used these two together, I must say it is the most satisfied I have ever been, in my 48 years of playing!
    Thank you Mr. Kemper!!
    Mark

• In addition, it appears that you can't enable the digital input via MIDI command (at least I couldn't make it work Using NPRN to enable/disable digital input), so it looks like the digital input for live use is all-or-nothing.

I plan to just route an analog mono signal to the KPA's front input. I can program Mainstage presets to route either the straight or modeled guitar from the VG-99 there. If I wasn't using an 828 and a computer, it would be a lot harder.

• Welcome to the CLUB, Mark! :thumbup:
    ....the same problems here, :( , but I resigned from the use of my vg99 on stage.
    I,m only using a GR55 sometimes, but less frequently, day by day, because I don,t need them anymore, with the KPAs colorfull sound. :)
    .....and it,s more practical on tour to have less equipments...

• the mix level of the stereo effects(99), is not where I left it on that patch, but rather where I left it when I shut it down for the evening. Any help would be really appreciated.

this behaviour is intentional.
    the Profiler remembers the state of the rig when you power it down and recalls that (in case you forgot to save)
    If you want your saved values after the Profiler booted, select another rig and switch back to the first one again, this will call up the stored values.

• Thanks for the welcome, and for the info.
    @Don....I will definitely give that a try, and I hope that it works, as you say,
    because I am spoiled rotten, with these sound recipes!!!
    @guitarmania....I could be really happy with the KPA Rack, sans 99, but as I said, I am already spoiled by the incredible combination of the two, which is sonic nirvana. The effects on the KPA are outstanding, and very practical. What you speak of for travel, which is what I do, is of prime concern for me. Presently, I use a VG88, which has been rack mounted by Keith Mc Millen (awesome), and a Roland GR30 synth, and it is really lightweight, and covers any sound I use in my sets, really well. But, when I get home, and plug in to this combo, well, I wonder how I can gig without it. That said, with the advent of a Fishman Triple Play coming April 1, I am strongly considering using my Mac Book for everything, because my main gig is doing covers, as a one man band. So, this is the dilemma we all face, in life without roadies! My ears will never be satisfied, as new possibilities with sound evolve, so, the question is do I keep status quo, and possibly go even more minimalist on stage? Or do I pull out all stops and carry the load for the sake of maintaining sonic excitement, even if it is only for me? If I was doing all originals, as in the past, it is a no brainer!!
    Sound always wins! If I ignore the D Beam, and the ribbon control on the 99, I can rack it on a tray, tucked away, just above the KPA. But I would still drag out the FC300 , with my FCB 1010, (soon) the Kemper foot controller, and "tap dance" on every song.
    More is better, until I tear it down and haul it! At least I am not dragging multiple amps, guitars, and effect racks around!!
    Like I said...spoiled rotten!!!