ALVIN LEE

• Sad news .

I was enough lucky to watch him in live 3 times , twice in Belgrade when he was still young and one time in London.....
    It was mater of honor and prestige who can play his "I'm Going Home " the best , between Belgrade guitarists ......still remember those competitions , in live ....
    The Legend goes home ..... and nobody can play it like him....
    RIP Alvin .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• I remember seeing Alvin Lee in the UK in 73. He really was as fast as you saw him at Woodstock and he made an impression on me that has lasted to this day. Alvin did do other styles of music too and he was surprisingly much more than 'I'm goin home' which really put him and his band on the map.

He really was a great player.

Contrast that with one VERY young new band called Queen (I'm sure you all remember the queen 1 album?) and I remember watching Brian May with that white gown on (looked like batman but could not fly :-)) physically shaking hard in front of the audience of less than 200 attendees at the same venue (but not at the same gig).

So Alvin Lee was like a rock god and very professional at that time... and just a few years after the beatles

RIP Alvin...

Careful I'm watching you...