KPA & ART X-11 MIDI= NOT HAVING VERY GOOD LUCK

• i just received the art x-11 midi pedal today , & just my luck , it has sticky switch's, sometimes i have to tap repeatly, but it works, BUT i cant for the life of me get it to switch the KPA , yep i read the wikpi section of the midi, but having trouble making the kpa recognize the pedal, any help would be greatly apreciated, i'm as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to this kinda stuff, having sinus headaches, & bad memory :rolleyes: dont help much either, thanks in advance , roger

• Dumb question: did you assigned the midi program numbers on the KPA? If not you have nothing to switch to...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Once you're on a rig that you want to access with a midi controller press System, scroll to page 5/9, turn the MIDI PrgChg# knob to the desired preset number, press Assign, press Exit. Repeat for all the rigs you need. Keep in mind that unlike any other processor the Kemper does not have fixed memory slots, therefore the preset numbers are not assigned.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• ok , i tried what you told me to do , still wont change w/ art pedal .

Once you're on a rig that you want to access with a midi controller press System, scroll to page 5/9, turn the MIDI PrgChg# knob to the desired preset number, press Assign, press Exit. Repeat for all the rigs you need. Keep in mind that unlike any other processor the Kemper does not have fixed memory slots, therefore the preset numbers are not assigned.

• Check on the Kemper if the Midi channel is set to "Omni". If yes then is something wrong with the cable or the Art.

• guitarnet,i hate to ask this but, how do i check for omni setting, sorry , i told you i am a dumb a$$ when it comes to this stuff, & i want to thank you very much for your help, roger

Check on the Kemper if the Midi channel is set to "Omni". If yes then is something wrong with the cable or the Art.

• guitarnet,i hate to ask this but, how do i check for omni setting, sorry , i told you i am a dumb a$$ when it comes to this stuff, & i want to thank you very much for your help, roger

System menu, page 6/9, Midi Global Channel. Turn it all the way clockwise

I'll second the suggestion from Gianfranco: turn the unit on, DON'T take the guitar, start reading through the manual and check every step on the unit. Is going to take you not more than 1-2 hours but is well invested time. It would be a real pity not to exploit all what the unit can do.
    We are all still here if you need help, but taking this step will also help you understanding our suggestions...

Good luck! :thumbup: