(Punk-)Rock track: 3rd of october

• Recently I listend to a tape from my very first live gig. It was 1984 and we were all around 16 or something. I remember we were all much into Stones, The Who, ZZ Top and stuff and we thought we were serious musicians. But actually we were utter crap.
    After the gig the guy from the local newspaper came backstage and said "you are a really great young punk band". He did mean it as a compliment but we were destroyed because we thought punk was not "serious" music. Talk about elitist snobs... ;)

Anyway, this weekend I did a remake of the opening number of that gig. It is the first song I ever wrote and consisted of the only three chords I knew back then. The original lyrics were crap and I rewrote them 15 years later and I was lucky enough to find those lyrics in a cardboard box in the basement yesterday.

Profiles are Andy's Vibrolux and Pete Turley's 1970 100w Marshall with the Siggi Mehl cab.

3rd of october

• I like this a lot.
    And I tell you a secret: You don't need more than 3 chords to Rock'n'Roll...

Very true, Rock music, you play 3 chords to 3000 people!.. Jazz music: you play 3000 chords to 3 people..
    So true :)

Great music, is that you singing too?
    had a nice bouncy vibe to it. although the bottom end perhaps needed to come up more?

• Great music, is that you singing too?
    had a nice bouncy vibe to it. although the bottom end perhaps needed to come up more?

Yep, that's me singing. That bad german accent is unmistakable, isn't it? Oh and intonation sucks, I know. But I decided this number is Punk so it doesn't matter (bad excuse, I know).

I'm not satisfied with the bottom end either. Think my ears were getting tired yesterday after working on that number for 10 hrs straight. Think I've cut way too much bottom end on the guitars and didn't fit in the bass properly. There are also numerous mistakes on the bass, I think I have to redo that part.