Hello to you all from an old fart

• Greetings Kemperists!
    Just got here.
    My name is Thom and I'm from Sweden. I guess that I'm older than most of you out there as I just turned 51.
    I have had my rack-KPA for about one week now and I still feel like a kid in a candy store *LOL* :D .
    I've been playing for more than 35 years but I'm not a shredder in any way - more like a "slowhand" that
    occasionally tries to pull of licks that is more than a match for me :wacko:. I have been playing in various hobby bands
    since the mid eighties. I have somewhere between 11 and 15 guitars (4 of them are in various states of usability ^^ )
    mostly humbucker models but also have BaCH LP P90, a homebuilt strat and a Yamaha Pacifica Tele to use for those
    moments that a single coil is needed.
    As I'm an electronics engineer I do a bit of tinkering on the side. Building and modding tube amps are a passion
    of mine and I have been doing it for more than three years. Then I stubled upon this Kemper thingy.... 8o
    This is the first time I have been really impressed by an "AMP sim" (lack of better word, sorry) and I have to say that
    the Kemper PA turns a lot of old truths upside-down. However, I like the best of both worlds and I think I'll still use my
    tube amps and will continue to tinker with them but the KPA is hard to beat in a studio setting.
    Maybe when I'm getting a bit more aquainted with my new wiz-box I'll profile two of my concept amps for you to
    all to play with if you wish. This is the truly amazing side of this KPA-wonder, to share your amp with others for
    free use. I think I'm in for some sleepless nights to come...
    See you around! /Thom

• Welcome my good man!
    Ill beat that by 13 years! But the Kemper has put a new profile on my age. Im just beginning to rock.

8)

Most of us are around that age so I dont feel lonely at all.

• Thank you all for a very warm welcome (tack alla) !
    I had no idea I was but of average age. Great to be among peers in more than one way!
    Nice to be greeted i swedish - there seems to be fair number of us here. I'm quite active on
    a swedish guitar forum: www.gitarrforum.com and goes under the nickname of Kapten Gnissel.
    This is going to be fun :thumbup:

• Not too old around here, welcome, it is amazing, I was surprised too when I got mine.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Yes welcome to the old fart club :thumbup:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I'm, lets just say older; reading the forums, I don't think you can purchase a Kemper if you are under the age of 50! When I got mine, they demanded to see my bus pass! (English joke)
    I once had two Marshall 4X12 cabs with 100w head split by a stereo chorus - amazing sound. My little young Kemper is the first modeller that has allowed me to recreate that; with a little help from Pete (okstrat on here) and his superb profiles...
    :thumbup:

• Hi again, I feel younger already ^^
    I'm definitely going to feel at home here.

@DocLine6forum: Yes, squeaky is synonymous (roughly) to "gnissel". It's the unpleasant sound of an
    old, dry worn hinge or similar, like me when I'm trying to do some shredding :D :P. My fellow bandcolleague
    coined me that name a long time ago and its been like that ever since.

Btw, I'm looking for a rockabilly kind of amp/rig/sound as I'm doing a guitar overdub for a songwriting friend.
    N00b quiestion - Is there a section on the forum where I can search for specifics ?
    Thanks again!